Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 4, 2013
10:40:04 AM
View profile
Email to text
Edited by Phil-101 on Dec 4, 2013 at 12:00:00 PM

Previously I was able to recieve email as a text message on my phone it is a Pantec link. It is set up as a prepaid go phone.  I would use the 10 digit phone number follwed by @txt.att.net basically like this 310722XXXX@txt.att.net

But a few months ago it stopped working I tried it again yesterday and I recieved this delivery response notification

[Return Code 550] sid: x6n61m00G0lmwaY01 :: 5.1.1 <310722XXXX@txt.att.net> recipient does not exist here.

Any info about this situation would be appreciated

Bob

[removed hyperlink]

Previously I was able to recieve email as a text message on my phone it is a Pantec link. It is set up as a prepaid go phone.  I would use the 10 digit phone number follwed by @txt.att.net basically like this 310722XXXX@txt.att.net

But a few months ago it stopped working I tried it again yesterday and I recieved this delivery response notification

[Return Code 550] sid: x6n61m00G0lmwaY01 :: 5.1.1 <310722XXXX@txt.att.net> recipient does not exist here.

Any info about this situation would be appreciated

Bob

[removed hyperlink]

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 4, 2013 12:48:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It should be mms.att.net or sms.att.net not txt.att.net
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Email to text

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 4, 2013 12:48:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Email to text

2 of 7 (3,144 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2014 4:52:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

So is the answer txt.att.net, the reason i am inquiring is 1 member of my first response team can receive the txt.att.net message I sent, but only from GMail....no from our organizations domain.

Its getting a little frustrating because all the Verizon messages are going through without a problem.

Tony

So is the answer txt.att.net, the reason i am inquiring is 1 member of my first response team can receive the txt.att.net message I sent, but only from GMail....no from our organizations domain.

Its getting a little frustrating because all the Verizon messages are going through without a problem.

Tony

3 of 7 (2,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2016 12:20:57 PM
(0)
Tutor
I Should be Working Today But I Can't Because My Phone Does Not Work.I REFUSE TO PAY $583 FOR A PAPERWEIGHT.My Service Went Out Last Night Sometime and Has Not Came Back Costing me Over $2000.00 And you Shut My Service Off Last Month and Now This.I Think My Bill just Went Away,This is the Third Time and Event This Happened. I Want SOMETHING DONE ASAP.I CAN NOT CALL OR TEXT OR LEAVE THE HOUSE BECAUSE I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WORK...........
I Should be Working Today But I Can't Because My Phone Does Not Work.I REFUSE TO PAY $583 FOR A PAPERWEIGHT.My Service Went Out Last Night Sometime and Has Not Came Back Costing me Over $2000.00 And you Shut My Service Off Last Month and Now This.I Think My Bill just Went Away,This is the Third Time and Event This Happened. I Want SOMETHING DONE ASAP.I CAN NOT CALL OR TEXT OR LEAVE THE HOUSE BECAUSE I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WORK...........

4 of 7 (971 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2016 1:41:55 PM
(0)
Professor

As you've been told before, this is a user to user community forum. An actual ATT rep may not ever read your rant. Or it could be days before they do. You need to find a working phone and CALL ATT customer service. (Even if a CS rep immediately read your rant, they don't know who Cableman is).

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"

As you've been told before, this is a user to user community forum. An actual ATT rep may not ever read your rant. Or it could be days before they do. You need to find a working phone and CALL ATT customer service. (Even if a CS rep immediately read your rant, they don't know who Cableman is).

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"

5 of 7 (949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2016 3:15:50 PM
(0)
Guru

310722XXXX@txt.att.net is what I've been using for years and it still works for me.

I've gotten things the last few days and I just tested it moments ago.

310722XXXX@txt.att.net is what I've been using for years and it still works for me.

I've gotten things the last few days and I just tested it moments ago.

6 of 7 (918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2016 3:50:48 PM
(0)
Contributor
If I get a picture from a friend with an email address as their ten digit phone number xxx-xxx-xxx.mms.att.net, does this mean they are using yahoo email or att.net email acct Thank you Shelby Hall
If I get a picture from a friend with an email address as their ten digit phone number xxx-xxx-xxx.mms.att.net, does this mean they are using yahoo email or att.net email acct Thank you Shelby Hall

7 of 7 (439 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments