Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 29, 2013
8:54:53 AM
View profile
Early upgrade trade?

I would like to trade in my HTC One for an iPhone 5s.  I am still under contract with more than a year remaining.  I see the price for an early upgrade for the 5s is $449.  Will AT&T give me a credit towards that phone if i trade in my HTC One?  If so, how much?  Also, if they won't, I would be able to sell my HTC One on ebay after getting the iPhone 5s, right?   Thanks.

I would like to trade in my HTC One for an iPhone 5s.  I am still under contract with more than a year remaining.  I see the price for an early upgrade for the 5s is $449.  Will AT&T give me a credit towards that phone if i trade in my HTC One?  If so, how much?  Also, if they won't, I would be able to sell my HTC One on ebay after getting the iPhone 5s, right?   Thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 30, 2013 5:15:11 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi Lmo18,

You can absolutely trade your device in at the store towards the sale of an iPhone 5S. As long as everything is functional on the device and there is no damage to the phone you'll get the max credit for it.

I will say that in most cases selling it though private sale will net more than what our in store trade in program offers which you would be able sell your device without any issues. Of course with the in store program you don't have to worry about shipping, buyer mis-communication, etc.

You can visit any local Company Owned Store and they would be able to tell you the trade value for your HTC One.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Early upgrade trade?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 29, 2013 12:27:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Jan 20, 2014 at 1:39:22 PM

Yes, it looks like AT&T can do this for you. You will not get cash by trading in your HTC One, but rather a promotion card that you can use on any AT&T goods and services, including smartphones, tablets, and accessories. You should be able to use this on the early upgrade price of your new iPhone 5s.

AT&T's trade-in program information is listed here:
https://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-Community-Discussion/AT-amp-T-Trade-In-Program/td-p/3297841

It says that "trade-in value is determined by device make, model, and condition." While I wouldn't expect top dollar for your HTC One, I would expect at least a couple hundred dollars, especially if the phone is in mint to near-mint condition. You could probably make more money by selling the phone on eBay or elsewhere, but I think that the trade-in program is a pretty fair deal.

Good luck and enjoy your new phone. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Yes, it looks like AT&T can do this for you. You will not get cash by trading in your HTC One, but rather a promotion card that you can use on any AT&T goods and services, including smartphones, tablets, and accessories. You should be able to use this on the early upgrade price of your new iPhone 5s.

AT&T's trade-in program information is listed here:
https://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-Community-Discussion/AT-amp-T-Trade-In-Program/td-p/3297841

It says that "trade-in value is determined by device make, model, and condition." While I wouldn't expect top dollar for your HTC One, I would expect at least a couple hundred dollars, especially if the phone is in mint to near-mint condition. You could probably make more money by selling the phone on eBay or elsewhere, but I think that the trade-in program is a pretty fair deal.

Good luck and enjoy your new phone. Smiley Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Early upgrade trade?

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (4,689 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 30, 2013 5:15:11 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi Lmo18,

You can absolutely trade your device in at the store towards the sale of an iPhone 5S. As long as everything is functional on the device and there is no damage to the phone you'll get the max credit for it.

I will say that in most cases selling it though private sale will net more than what our in store trade in program offers which you would be able sell your device without any issues. Of course with the in store program you don't have to worry about shipping, buyer mis-communication, etc.

You can visit any local Company Owned Store and they would be able to tell you the trade value for your HTC One.

Hi Lmo18,

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Early upgrade trade?

3 of 3 (4,624 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments