Troubleshoot your device issues
shelston's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, October 23rd, 2008 1:45 AM

Closed

EPIX - WiFi not working?

I can't seem to browse the internet when WiFi is on and connected... It hangs on "Locating ...". Has anyone gotten this to work successfully?

Thanks.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

15 years ago

Check out this http://www.careace.net/contents_careace.aspx?did=182&pid=2

Message Edited by bottomup on 10-28-2008 04:36:57 PM

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

New owner of Samsung Epix with same wifi issue - I tried the solution given here (Did hard reset and then followed instructions for proxy manager and wifi setup).  After doing these steps IE opened www.google.com, had issues with www.cnn.com then finally opned it, opened www.microsoft.com and then did not open any other link.  Every site site I try, it seems the browser crawls and then it's a toss up whether it is 'page not found' or it loads.  Moves very slowly.  I have a tilt sitting right alongside.  no extra settings and it moves much much faster. 
Are your surfing well with IE and WIFI?  Any suggestions here?  (PS - i ahevn't setup anything else after the hard reset.  i.e. no new connections, i am using the default WAP networks).
Thanks for the help.

Scholar

• 

38 Messages

15 years ago

if you want to surf the web with IE and wifi, you need to disable the att proxy....

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

I have made no other changes to the WiFi after initial setup as I posted above.  However, I am not using the default IE.  Before you spend too much time working with the antiquated IE browser, I recommend you download Skyfire.  It is the new mobile browser of choice.  It handily outclasses the current mobile web offerings (have not tested Opera 8.0)  Excellent performance in both content and speed on Wifi and 3G.

skyfire.com

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

i am still having problems ---- i still cannot connect to the web after making the changes....please help me...

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

terhea wrote:
i am still having problems ---- i still cannot connect to the web after making the changes....please help me...

If your home router has a password, you need to make sure you type that into the "key" (or whatever term they may be using to indicate "password"). Could be a 16-digit alphanumeric, so what I do is actually type it on Notepad and then copy the txt file over to the phone memory. Then open up the txt file and copy and paste into the key field.

Easier to type (and correct) on full keyboard than with the little keyboard.

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

15 years ago

All I had to do on mine was tell it not to use proxy (no hard resets or any of the other stuff). I also tried Opera Mobile and Skyfire and didn't like either one (they didn't work right for me).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

hi have a palm treo 750 which i bought a mini wifi card but i couldn't get the messenger or explorer to work..if you don't have the option or just don't get the wifi to get working you can always change the registry  with these files i upload here since it took me 3 days to find out. i also tryed on a samsung. now if by any chance you get to lose the driver here it  is for wm5 and wm6 if you don't get your messenger to work there was a beta version but is not longer available. de links are dead.but i work with this.and for people who is been trying to get oz installer for messenger without getting online with you phone conection,here is the file..(i can't belive this file was nowhere to find without getting it via mobile.if these link are dead just pm me i will post them again.hope you guys find this helpful.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

Soundspree, so you did actually try skyfire specifically on the epix?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

I don't know much about computers but this certainly worked out.

My IE would give me an error message every time I tried to log in, and it repeatedly failed to connect to WiFi, while my facebook, RSS feeders, and other web based applications were able to retrieve the information from a WiFi connection. 

Anyways, Try this out.... you only have to change your setting temporarily and then put it back to it's original configuration.

IF INTERNET EXPLORER STOPS CONNECTING TO WIFI, RATHER CONNECTS TO GPRS GO TO

KHLM/COMM/CONNECTIONSHRING/SetLastDhcpAddrToIEH
click on the file noted above and change it from 1 to 0
turn on IE to activate the DHCP control (I think it turns on automatically; in the background)..... also try to do a search (which will fail anyways).
exit IE and get back to the file and change it from 0 to 1 (the original code)
internet explorer should work now. (give the computer several minutes to pick up the change)

Mind you, I don't know what this file does, but it didn't seem to harm my phone for the several minutes I changed it and put it back to it's original configuration. 

Hope this help.  Good luck. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.