Dragged kicking and screaming into getting a cellphone

Contributor

Dragged kicking and screaming into getting a cellphone

So, I have finally decided to get a cell phone (my 75 yoa mother has had one for years!).  My question is should I get the 18 dollar rehabbed 8mb(?) i-phone and wait to see what happens with the i-phone 5?  Will I be able to upgrade to newer/better i-phone right away or will I have to wait for a set period of time?

Any feedback would be appreciated as I am reeallly new at this - thank you

Message 1 of 17 (2,384 Views)
Guru

Re: Dragged kicking and screaming into getting a cellphone

I second FredW's advice to go into a corporate AT&T store and try out the live phones.  You are right, you really don't want to be stuck for up to two years with a phone you do not like.  Ask your friends what phones they have and what they like and dislike about them.  Go online and search for cell phone reviews-phonearena.com has many-and then go experiment with the phones yourself.  That way you can see if you like a touch screen or would prefer a physical keyboard-or want a flip or slider.

I don't really agree about not to start with a smartphone.  They are so useful.  I love having one.   The iPhone is a very easy phone to use; starting with it is not difficult at all. 

Message 16 of 17 (1,809 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Dragged kicking and screaming into getting a cellphone

... and while you at it,  go over to this discussion  , review so to make sure you dont choose one of these phones.. lol.. (kidding, enjoy your analysis).

Message 17 of 17 (1,804 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.