For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
ctibbals's profile

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Thursday, January 29th, 2009 9:43 PM

Closed

Does the Fuze have an external antenna port?

The 8525 and the Tilt (I think) each have a port where you can hook-up an external antenna.  I have found this to be very useful when traveling in areas where signals are marginal.  Does the Fuze have such a provision?  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

15 years ago

Nope, the Fuze doesn't have the external antenna port 😞

Guru

• 

698 Messages

15 years ago

ctibbals- You might check further. The HTC official literature does say that the Fuze has an external antenna port. Accessorygeeks dot com also says that they sell them, to "increase your cell phone's reception with our HTC Fuze external antenna booster."

The wording might be awkward for some posters. The port itself is NOT external, but it allows you to hook up an 'external antenna.'

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks tgj1945    I tried to go to www.accessorygeeks.com but their web page was not available.  I'll try again later.

I've experimented with an external antenna that has a velcro-patch "inductance" connection (rather than a direct port connection).  That is supposed to convey an enhanced signal "closer" to the phone's internal antenna.  It didn't seem to work very well, if at all.  However it should help at least a little, and perhaps it does -- I just couldn't see much improvement in reception in terms of bars displayed.  Maybe it improves transmission better than it does reception.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

15 years ago

The fuze I own certainly does NOT have an external antenna port. I live in a very rural area and and the lack of external antenna port just about failed the sale for me. A wireless repeater works well, but is expensive.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.