For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
tcampseyjr's profile

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

Thursday, January 12th, 2017 3:24 AM

Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind?

I recently went to the ATT Store because my LG G4 went into the boot loop (a known hardware flaw that many LG users experienced).  My phone was a bit more than 2 months out of waranty, but luckily I had insurance.  I was hoping that I would be able to pay my deductible and walk out of the store with out an interuption in service.  

However, after paying my deductable, I was told that the replacement phone (LG V10) would be overnight shipped from Fort Worth.  

However, when I went to track the shipment, it was delayed because somebody thought it would be a good idea to ship the phone from Fort Worth to Dallas, and then back to Fort Worth before sending it down to San Antonio.

This is over two days without a phone!  I am paying for service, I have payed my deductable, I took time out of my day to go the the ATT Store, and this is because the device that was sold to me had a known flaw (The representative at the store laughed when she saw the model of my phone and said "I am surprized it lasted this long).

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Definitely apologize for any frustration. AT&T have no control over what a shipping carrier decides to do with a package. If UPS, USPS or FedEx took possession of a package it's all on them when it comes to the transit and delivery of the package. If you check the tracking you'll see that the shipping method was Next Day/Priority shipping. The carrier and insurance carrier did their part. They shipped a device to you, the end user, via a next day service. If one of the shipping carriers botched that it's essentially on them.

No one sold you a phone with a known flaw. The LG G4 issues were not addressed and confirmed by LG until well after it's release. This is well documented among all the major tech sites and Android sources on the internet. They did not reveal a hardware issue until months and months after it's initial release.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tcampseyjr I'm guessing that's not the shipper's fault. You really can't choose the path the package takes once it leaves your hand.

From your screenshots they did ship it overnight.

And it's not even AT&T that shipped it to you, your insurance is with Asurion, correct?

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

Carrier and Insurance did their part...

Its just that it feels I am paying Cadillac Price for Yugo Products with AT&T.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

Asurion might the the insurer, but AT&T bills me for it... and if past experience holds true, I would not be surprized if the deductable on my bill is double or triple what I was quoted in the store.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tcampseyjr wrote:

Asurion might the the insurer, but AT&T bills me for it... and if past experience holds true, I would not be surprized if the deductable on my bill is double or triple what I was quoted in the store.

Check your policy, I'm sure the deductable is in there. 

FYI, When you ship back the old phone, pack it super nice and PLEASE get a tracking reciept when you drop it off. I'd even take a few pictures of how nice you packed it, so when it arrives broken it's not your fault.

If I buy my Apple iPhone from AT&T or Target or Best Buy, it's still Apple that I need to deal with when I have problems later, not who billed me for it.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

Now I am getting ready to go to bed, and my TV has no signal.  Tried to reset my Direct TV Receiver, but it will not communicate with the Satelite Dish.  Called customer service, but got the message, "We are doing routine maintanence, please try back in a couple of hours".

I can not win with this company.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

I work in education, and this kind of response would be like a teacher responding to parent, "your student failed because the textbook did not cover the material well.  You will need to contact the publisher if you have any further complaints."

Many schools have shifted to online resources, which has prompted student access problems.  When students have problems, either the student or parent reach out to the teacher for help.  In most cases, the teacher does not shift the burden back on the student by expecting them to contact the publisher.  The teacher will typically contact the publisher or the district IT department.  In our district offices, when such complaints arise, we contact the publisher on behalf of the parent, try to find the resolution, and cc the teacher, student, and parent to let them know we are working with them for a solution.

Unfortunately, I have not found that AT&T does not offer the same level of customer support or service.  I have spent several hours online, on the phone, and in online forums trying to get various issues resolved, only to have to reinitiate the process because of lack of communication and common courtesy to keep me informed about the proposed solution or lack thereof.  I

In this case, it looks like the solution is passing the buck to the insurance company, the manufacturer of the phone, and the shipping company.  Great Customer Service.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tcampseyjr Are you comparing being a teacher to a customer service position at a corporation?  It's really not the same kind of calling. You've gone to college and dedicated yourself to this job. Plus, your job might depend on that student passing.

On the other hand, in class yesterday I had a 5th grader say "be sure to check the fine print" but I had her explain why she'd say that and I was pretty impressed as to how she understood that you'd need to read the details of the deal before making the deal.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.