Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Do I need a new SIM card purchased for an unlocked ATT device with cricket wireless?

Contributor

Do I need a new SIM card purchased for an unlocked ATT device with cricket wireless?

Now I'm on AT&T with an unlocked device that was currently paid in full. and I'm about to switch to Cricket wireless but some people told me the AT&T sim will work but some told opposite. 

well since approved my unlock request from AT&T, I think I will need an other carrier's SIM in order to complete the 'Unlocking' but if the SIM is compatible with Cricket, I wouldn't like to buy any useless.

Anyone who has experiences with doing this and advices?

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by rax1974
‎04-11-2019 9:16 AM

Re: Do I need a new SIM card purchased for an unlocked ATT device with cricket wireless?

Yes,an AT&T phone will work if locked on Cricket and will not prompt you to enter an unlock code.  (The reverse is not true, you must unlock Cricket phones to use on AT&T)

You can ask a friend with another carrier to borrow a sim long enough to unlock your phone. Or pick up something like Wing free sim.

I just took my phone tomT-mobile and asked for help.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support