Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 24, 2010
11:42:19 AM
Disable 3G

Is their a way to disable 3G in the Reveal and the Impact?

I use a Blackberry 9700 and there is a menu setting for this, but my kids use the Pantechs.

The reason: the 3G coverage where I live in Los Angles STINKS and the phones keep jumping back and forth between 2G and 3G, if you are on a call and drive home in 3G you get dropped, if you are on a call in 2G and drive home, you keep talking... I have 5 bars of coverage on 2G at home and 0 - 1/2 bars at home of 3G, it really confuses the phones!  It has been like this for years and is now coming out as more people get 3G phones where I live. AT&T says they can't fix it......

Thank you in advance!

Is their a way to disable 3G in the Reveal and the Impact?

I use a Blackberry 9700 and there is a menu setting for this, but my kids use the Pantechs.

The reason: the 3G coverage where I live in Los Angles STINKS and the phones keep jumping back and forth between 2G and 3G, if you are on a call and drive home in 3G you get dropped, if you are on a call in 2G and drive home, you keep talking... I have 5 bars of coverage on 2G at home and 0 - 1/2 bars at home of 3G, it really confuses the phones!  It has been like this for years and is now coming out as more people get 3G phones where I live. AT&T says they can't fix it......

Thank you in advance!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 27, 2010 2:02:39 PM
(0)
Guru

I've been through all the menu's on my Reveal and have never seen anyway to disable 3G.

But then the Reveal is a toy.  It doesn't have a lot of features a modern phone should have.  Smiley Sad

Accepted Solution

Disable 3G

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 27, 2010 2:02:39 PM
(0)
Guru

I've been through all the menu's on my Reveal and have never seen anyway to disable 3G.

But then the Reveal is a toy.  It doesn't have a lot of features a modern phone should have.  Smiley Sad

Re: Disable 3G

2 of 3 (1,691 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 2:30:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

I called the manufacturer, it is NOT possible, on either phone. Thank you for the reply!

I called the manufacturer, it is NOT possible, on either phone. Thank you for the reply!

Re: Disable 3G

3 of 3 (1,688 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments