Troubleshoot your device issues
lunaray's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Friday, February 25th, 2011 12:14 AM

Default AT&T Contact Entries

I just added a new line to my account for my Fiancee and she chose a Pantech Impact phone.  She likes the phone okay but her 'Contacts' folder came with a bunch of AT&T numbers and I can't delete them, "Delete" is ghosted out!  I called AT&T and they said that there is no way to delete them on this particular phone!  I explained to the Tech who I spoke with that I had the same problem with my Motorola Backflip when I first got it and when I called support for help, the Tech walked me through a process that included entering a password and then I was able to delete all these numbers.  The Technician told me that the Motorola is unlockable but the Pantech isn't and that's why I can't delete these AT&T numbers.  My Fiancee hates having all of these extraneous numbers that she'll never use in her Contacts folder, after all, we paid for the phone and if we don't want AT&T's numbers in the phonebook we should be able to get rid of them.  Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Ray

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

517 Messages

13 years ago

I used to have a Pantech Impact and I noticed that when I pulled it out of the box brand new.  There is no way to delete the AT&T numbers that are on the phone.  You can, however, choose to display only the numbers on your SIM card, which was what I did.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

If the "delete" button is grayed out, then there is no way to delete them. I was able to delete them on my Captivate, though. Odd.

If you or your fiancée are wanting to push them towards the bottom, edit them and put a "Z" in front of them. That should at least move them down a little ways. 😉

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks!  I found another solution though, I'm using the SIM card to store the contacts in instead of the phone, the AT&T numbers are stored on the phone!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@lunaray wrote:

Thanks!  I found another solution though, I'm using the SIM card to store the contacts in instead of the phone, the AT&T numbers are stored on the phone!

You're welcome. The AT&T contacts were being stored on the phone first, then you moved them to the SIM card? While they are on the SIM card, they still show up on the phone instead? Hmm...

Is there any way that you can see to delete them, now?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

13 years ago

According to AT&T Support, at the present time there is no way to delete them, but obviously AT&T is really saying we aren't going to tell you how!  I was told that in order to delete them I would have to unlock the phone and at this time AT&T isn't giving out the reecipe for unlocking this model.  I think this sucks, I purchased the phone, I'm not renting it from them!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Right, it does seem unfair. I am sure that you or your fiancée are not the only ones who would like those numbers erased. As a matter of fact, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would either want them gone, or have tried something to get them to be gone. Maybe a Google search - "Pantech Impact Default AT&T Contact Entries" - could maybe tell you how/if somebody has taken action...?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.