For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
dlraff's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 13th, 2013 2:48 PM

Data usage at strange hours

Why does my bill show data usage at strange hours, like 1:00 a.m.? I'm definitely not using my phone at 1:00 a.m.!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

we are having same problem. same phone and plan for over a year, then in last 3 months lots of data in middle of night.  have called att.  no help.  she said in her opinion 3 mb was too low a plan for a smartphone. they just trying to sell me a new plan??? it was alright plan 3 months ago. 

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

Depending upon your phone, or the applications on your phone, there have been many possible updates that have come out in the last 3 months.  Some of these updates could be instructing your phone to perform data transfers in the middle of the night, like you are seeing.  Some of the most common are is you have an iPhone it might be sending the diagnostic data to Apple.  This is notorious to happen about midnight PST/PDT, so for me here in Chicago, this happens around 2:00am.  iOS itself even performs some downloads/updates "in the background" and can cause your phone to use callular data if these happen to occur when you are not on wifi.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.