Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Curve OS update problem

Teacher

Curve OS update problem

After pulling my curve out of its leather case, I got a JUM error 513, fallowed by random JUM and APP errors ever since. so I looked some of them up, and the answer for every code seemed to be re-install the OS. So I got the 4.5OS and began installing it. Everything was going along fine, untill it got to the secound "waiting for device..." at that point the phone seemed to shut off, and the red light came on. after about 2 hours a message popped up saying unable to connect to device. So i hit cancel, waited for it to finish, then unplugged the phone. It wouldnt turn on, so i pulled out the battery and put it back in. It came back on but with a new error code, JUM 102. so again i looked it up, fallowed the instructions, and it did the same thing, shut off before it was finished. now there is a picture of a square, with a circle, square and triangle inside it, covered by a circle with a line through it, and the number 507. I figured it was time to get some advice about what to do next from another source. Any ideas ?
Message 1 of 6
Teacher

Curve OS update problem

Try the steps in this link, it helped me to get out of a similar hair raising situation during my upgrade to 4.5...

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

Message 2 of 6
Teacher

Re: Curve OS update problem

Thats actually what I did to get the OS install started, but it still shut off during the process of installing. Since my first post i pulled the battery again, didnt make sence to leave it on a white screen, draining the battery. I put the battery back in, with the intent to give it another shot, but now it doesnt turn on at all. The only thing that seems to be working is the red light.

Message 3 of 6
Teacher

I fallowed those steps again, just to see what would happen. It started through the process fine, but when it starts loading applications it stops and says fatal error, unspecified encounter please try again.  So i tried a few more times, with the same result. I'm assuming at this point its time to get a new one.
Message 4 of 6
Teacher

Curve OS update problem

Sorry to hear you're having so many problems. I had to try that process several times, then it finally worked.  At the step where the instructions indicate to go with "Pin Unknown", my actual pin did show up there and I went with it instead of waiting for the unknown designation.  It worked for me, but obviously these devices are quite picky and don't behave the same for each user.  I'd try a few more times before I contacted ATT for a new device.  That's such a pain!
Message 5 of 6
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Jschumacher
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

I tried repeatedly till I fell asleep, no luck. Went in to ATT today, the first guy said there was nothing he could do, and told me If i wanted i could come back later and talk to the tech. So obviously i went back. The tech wasnt sure what was going on, and sudgested I used my insurance to get another one. To my understanding making a secound claim withing 30 days gets you a nice fee, so I wasnt to happy. Just so happens one of the other sales reps herd me talking and said I should visit the warranty center a few miles away. Since I got to have my phone for work, i decided the trip would be worth it. When I got there I explained what happend and the replaced it on the spot. Only took about 3 mins and I was out of the store with a new phone. Im doing the upgrade to 4.5 now, and all seems to be going well.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support