Posted Feb 7, 2009
12:48:54 AM
View profile
Copying all contacts from SIM to Phone/Phone to SIM for Nokia 6650

Can someone tell me how to copy all the contacts from sim to phone all at once?  I figured out that you can do this one by one but can't seem to find "all" option.

thanks

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 9, 2009 4:43:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Happy to hear that worked for you. :smileyhappy:  Yes, that's how I delete all my text messages at once too - I just choose "mark all" and then choose delete - then it confirms that I want to delete xxx messages.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Copying all contacts from SIM to Phone/Phone to SIM for Nokia 6650

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2009 8:13:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Have you tried using "mark/unmark" to mark selected ones or "mark all" and then copy to/from the SIM card? 

I've never used the "mark/unmark" feature on my E70 for copying contacts, but it is what I use to delete all messages at once.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Copying all contacts from SIM to Phone/Phone to SIM for Nokia 6650

2 of 10 (7,798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2009 12:51:37 PM
(0)
Mentor

thanks.  that should work......

3 of 10 (7,787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2009 5:10:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome - let us know if it does. :smileyhappy:
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

4 of 10 (7,754 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2009 12:23:22 PM
(0)
Mentor

well........ I can mark/unmark but it's not doing what I want, and wonder if this mark/unmark is for copying......  I must be doing something wrong. 

5 of 10 (7,745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2009 3:03:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
On my E70 I can mark selected contacts or mark "all" and then select "copy to SIM" (from within the address book functions), and it does copy the selected contacts.  Hopefully your 6650 will work similarly - you could just select "mark all" and then select "copy to SIM".
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

6 of 10 (7,737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2009 3:22:18 PM
(0)
Mentor

Oh... it worked!!!!!  the phone did go blank first (turned off??) but after coming back on, I tried again, it worked.   THANK YOU!!!!!!!

By any chance do you know how to delete multiple text messages???  I'm thinking it works the same way...  

7 of 10 (7,733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 9, 2009 4:43:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Happy to hear that worked for you. :smileyhappy:  Yes, that's how I delete all my text messages at once too - I just choose "mark all" and then choose delete - then it confirms that I want to delete xxx messages.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

8 of 10 (7,732 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2010 2:05:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just got a new Nokia 6650 and followed the instructions above, thanks, and got all my contacts saved into phone memory, but now I have two entries for each one: one with a SIM card symbol and one without.  How can I only display the ones in the phone memory?

9 of 10 (5,331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2010 3:06:33 PM
(0)
Mentor
go to 'address book' -> 'options' -> 'settings' -> contacts to display: choose 'phone only' 'sim card'.

10 of 10 (5,323 Views)