Troubleshoot your device issues
wannano's profile

Mentor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, February 7th, 2009 8:48 AM

Copying all contacts from SIM to Phone/Phone to SIM for Nokia 6650

Can someone tell me how to copy all the contacts from sim to phone all at once?  I figured out that you can do this one by one but can't seem to find "all" option.

thanks

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

Happy to hear that worked for you. 🙂  Yes, that's how I delete all my text messages at once too - I just choose "mark all" and then choose delete - then it confirms that I want to delete xxx messages.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

Have you tried using "mark/unmark" to mark selected ones or "mark all" and then copy to/from the SIM card? 

I've never used the "mark/unmark" feature on my E70 for copying contacts, but it is what I use to delete all messages at once.

Mentor

• 

8 Messages

15 years ago

thanks.  that should work......

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

You're welcome - let us know if it does. 🙂

Mentor

• 

8 Messages

15 years ago

well........ I can mark/unmark but it's not doing what I want, and wonder if this mark/unmark is for copying......  I must be doing something wrong. 

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

On my E70 I can mark selected contacts or mark "all" and then select "copy to SIM" (from within the address book functions), and it does copy the selected contacts.  Hopefully your 6650 will work similarly - you could just select "mark all" and then select "copy to SIM".

Mentor

• 

8 Messages

15 years ago

Oh... it worked!!!!!  the phone did go blank first (turned off??) but after coming back on, I tried again, it worked.   THANK YOU!!!!!!!

By any chance do you know how to delete multiple text messages???  I'm thinking it works the same way...  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

I just got a new Nokia 6650 and followed the instructions above, thanks, and got all my contacts saved into phone memory, but now I have two entries for each one: one with a SIM card symbol and one without.  How can I only display the ones in the phone memory?

Mentor

• 

8 Messages

14 years ago

go to 'address book' -> 'options' -> 'settings' -> contacts to display: choose 'phone only' 'sim card'.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.