Copying all contacts from SIM to Phone/Phone to SIM for Nokia 6650

Mentor

Copying all contacts from SIM to Phone/Phone to SIM for Nokia 6650

Can someone tell me how to copy all the contacts from sim to phone all at once?  I figured out that you can do this one by one but can't seem to find "all" option.

thanks

Message 1 of 10 (7,949 Views)
Master

Re: Copying all contacts from SIM to Phone/Phone to SIM for Nokia 6650

Have you tried using "mark/unmark" to mark selected ones or "mark all" and then copy to/from the SIM card? 

I've never used the "mark/unmark" feature on my E70 for copying contacts, but it is what I use to delete all messages at once.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 10 (7,904 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

thanks.  that should work......

Message 3 of 10 (7,893 Views)
Master

You're welcome - let us know if it does. Smiley Happy
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 10 (7,860 Views)
Mentor

well........ I can mark/unmark but it's not doing what I want, and wonder if this mark/unmark is for copying......  I must be doing something wrong. 

Message 5 of 10 (7,851 Views)
Master

On my E70 I can mark selected contacts or mark "all" and then select "copy to SIM" (from within the address book functions), and it does copy the selected contacts.  Hopefully your 6650 will work similarly - you could just select "mark all" and then select "copy to SIM".
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

Message 6 of 10 (7,843 Views)
Mentor

Oh... it worked!!!!!  the phone did go blank first (turned off??) but after coming back on, I tried again, it worked.   THANK YOU!!!!!!!

By any chance do you know how to delete multiple text messages???  I'm thinking it works the same way...  

Message 7 of 10 (7,839 Views)
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author wannano
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Happy to hear that worked for you. Smiley Happy  Yes, that's how I delete all my text messages at once too - I just choose "mark all" and then choose delete - then it confirms that I want to delete xxx messages.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

Message 8 of 10 (7,838 Views)
Contributor

I just got a new Nokia 6650 and followed the instructions above, thanks, and got all my contacts saved into phone memory, but now I have two entries for each one: one with a SIM card symbol and one without.  How can I only display the ones in the phone memory?

Message 9 of 10 (5,437 Views)
Mentor

go to 'address book' -> 'options' -> 'settings' -> contacts to display: choose 'phone only' 'sim card'.
Message 10 of 10 (5,429 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.