morph2-7's profile

Scholar

• 

111 Messages

Thursday, September 25th, 2008 5:12 PM

Closed

Copy Contacts from Phone Memory to SIM

Here's the situation:

I have a Nokia 6030 with a broken display. I can't see anything on the display but the phone works fine. Unfortunately I keep all my contacts in the phone memory instead of SIM card. One of the reason is that in the phone memory I can keep multiple phone numbers + addresses etc. SIM memory doesn't let me do that.

Long story short... what I'd like to do is copy all of my contacts from Nokia 6030 phone memory to SIM card without being able to see what's on the display (remember that the display is broken). Therefore I need step-by-step instructions from someone who has a Nokia 6030. The instruction would be something like (this is just an example):

- press the center button (to open menu), wait 1 second
- immediately press 8 then press 1 (it'll be nice if you can tell me what's on the display at each point)
- scroll down 3 times then press ___
and so on

If I recall correctly, at some point Nokia tells us that there are multiple numbers stored in phone memory and if it's ok to copy just the default number (or something like that). What do I have to press to copy just the default numbers for every contact from phone to SIM? Anyway, I've googled for this instruction. Found one at Howard forums. I tried it but it doesn't copy anything 😞

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message Edited by morph2-7 on 09-25-2008 10:18:50 AM

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

Have you already tried following the tutorial at at&t's support webpage for the 6030?  It may work - although it doesn't seem to indicate the option re: copying only the default numbers.

Scholar

• 

111 Messages

15 years ago

Ding... ding.. ding... we got a winner!!!
I got all my contacts transferred to SIM card. Had to do it twice. Don't know what happens on the first attempt. Nothing got copied to SIM. Second attempt was successful.

AWESOME!

Thank you very much for your help.
Cheers

Message Edited by morph2-7 on 10-02-2008 05:03:31 PM

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

You're welcome. 🙂  Glad it worked for you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Sounds really great (my display is broken to). One little problem, the link is broken or al least not working (Maintenance in Progress for allready 3 days...).

Many thanks!
Regards,
Gerard

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

Here's a new link:

If it doesn't work, you may want to try clearing your browser.  Maintenance was going on over the weekend, but I'm not having any problems accessing the at&t support webpages today.  🙂

Message Edited by hme83 on 11-06-2008 10:08:35 AM

Scholar

• 

111 Messages

15 years ago

I click the link today and I got the maintenance page too. That is strange. ATT must have changed their site to prevent direct link to it or something.

Try this step by step instruction to get to the page:
  1. Go to http://www.wireless.att.com/home/
  2. On the top right corner, type nokia 6030 tutorial in the search box
  3. Click Go button
  4. On the search result page, click Phone & Device Support - Learn how to use and set up your Nokia 6030 (on my PC, it is the second entry)
  5. On the next page, under TUTORIALS, click Go to Tutorials. That'll take you to the Nokia 6030 Tutorials
  6. Under Select Category box, scroll down until you see Address Book. Click it.
  7. In the Select Tutorial box, right below Select Category box, click Copy to/from SIM card
That should take you to the exact URL given by hme83. We just can't get there directly.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.