For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Warhammer's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, November 30th, 2008 9:00 AM

Closed

Confused about rebates when getting multiple phones/lines

I'm confused about the rebates when getting a family plan and multiple phones. I want 3 lines. First, I qualify for a discount through my company, which I can get on the business side of the website. The thing is that on that side it will only give me the rebate on the phone that is on the primary line. The other 2 phones don't get them. But if I set it up under the personal side of the website, it gives me the rebates on all 3 lines. Of course then I don't get the service discount. What gives?

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

Warhammer wrote:
Had not thought about that. So you're saying sign up for a single account on the business side, then convert it to a group/family plan and add the other phones?

I think I could also just set everything up on the personal side, then request the discount after the fact. I know alot of guys at work requested it after they already had a contract with AT&T, but that was in the beginning when we first qualified for the discounts. So I'm not sure it would still work that way.

At any rate, the rebates on the extra 2 phones far outweighs the business discount over the course of the 2 year contract.

Yes. That's what I'm suggesting.

And you can do the other, too 🙂

Just do it in the sequence that nets you the most and best discounts.

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

I think you need to do this in two steps. Get the business phone on the business side first.

Then get the personal phones on the personal side.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

15 years ago

Had not thought about that. So you're saying sign up for a single account on the business side, then convert it to a group/family plan and add the other phones?

I think I could also just set everything up on the personal side, then request the discount after the fact. I know alot of guys at work requested it after they already had a contract with AT&T, but that was in the beginning when we first qualified for the discounts. So I'm not sure it would still work that way.

At any rate, the rebates on the extra 2 phones far outweighs the business discount over the course of the 2 year contract.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

15 years ago

Ok, great. Thanks for the help.

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

You're welcome.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.