For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
DaveNTx's profile

Teacher

• 

76 Messages

Wednesday, July 27th, 2016 6:31 PM

Charging Cradle for the Kyocera Dura XE ?

We purchased two of the Kyocera DuraXE mobile phones that AT&T started marketing and selling earlier this year. It is advertised as a "ruggedized", waterproof feature phone.

Located on the back of the phone are two charging contacts (see https://www.att.com/shopcms/media/att/2016/shop/360s/devices/7800343/images/6795A-3.jpg ) which allow the use of a desktop charging cradle to charge the battery.

I have not been able to find a charging cradle that will work with this feature. Sprint sells two versions of a charger cradle (# PBY1375 and PBY0450) that will work with their DuraPlus and Torque cell phones. Does AT&T have anything similar for the DuraXE?

Right now, I have to remove the water tight plastic cover of the DuraXE's USB port and connect the USB charger cable to charge the battery. This is working OK for now but eventually, the USB cover fit is going to wear and loosen and the watertight integrity will fail.

I would like to purchase one of these charging cradles; does anyone know where I might find one that works with our phones?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

There is no cradle at this time.  It looks like they thought they might and never did.  Even kyoceras website has nothing on it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just called ATT (01/06/17) and brought this to their attention again. The fact that the Kyocera Dura XE is advertised with two charging points showing on its backside implies to the consumer that a charging cradle or dock is available. Well, it isn't, nor was it likely to ever have been available.  And since no third party company has yet come forward to create a cradle charger, I hope that ATT and Kyocera will work together to make this item available to their customers in the near future. 

Richard in TN

Teacher

• 

76 Messages

7 years ago

Yeah, when you read the DuraXE information on the AT&T Store page ( https://www.att.com/cellphones/kyocera/duraxe.html - scroll to "Long Lasting Power" at the bottom of the page) they actually say "... external charging contacts delivers convenient multi-bay charging. "  

It was a nice selling point; it's too bad that the "convenient" charger is not available.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

11 months later, and I'm still looking for a charging cradle.  ;(

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@msurmint wrote:

11 months later, and I'm still looking for a charging cradle.  ;(

@msurmint

From my understanding Kyocera never made them...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

All charging, external cradles, car kits, desktop cradles etc... for the Kyocera were outsourced to AdvaceTec. They make one for the candy-bar style phones but according to AdvanceTec rep I talked to, 90% of the market is NOT for the flip phone crowd.  They did not make a charger to take advantage of the charging contacts.

Also, unlike the excellent phones by Motorola in the past, the flip-style Kyocera phones do not have a multi-pin port to provide connectivity for charging, audio-in/audio-out, PTT, workflow automation or antenna. This means that the cradles designed for these phones need to have a USB connection AND headphone jack connection. That means, 2 cables, 2 rubber covers to remove each time, two busted fingernails. Not to mention the clunkiness and ugly interface. 

We love this awesome phone. It has limitations (unable to tether, unable to do POP email over wi-fi, unabe to enable hotspot feature, and the extremely, poorly designed texting interface (most frustrating feature), and alert bugs (can't disable some of them without a restore). But it has great power consumption, great audio quality, great OS (music video, web, navigation), great reception, 4G, wifi, best keyboard in the history of clamshell phones, amazing ergonomics, extreme durability, best battery door.

We just need a multi-pin port and a drop-in charger. Sadly, until some hobbyist hacker makes one (unlikely) or huge custom order comes in to AdvanceTec, it won't happen.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

You know - thought I would build a charging cradle myself - 

However, after some experimentation with those gold "charging contacts" on the back, it seems to me they are not actually connected to anything - 

Maybe that's why no one built a charging cradle for the E4710 ? 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

https://www.accessorysolutions.net/collections/duraxv-lte-e4610eptt/products/wireless-charger-duraxv-lte

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Kyocera Dura XV LTE is a Verizon version of the Cell Phone, Dura XE LTE is an AT&T version of the Cell Phone. Both phones are identical except for the transmit/receive channels. Accessory Solutions sells a single bay drop-in charger that works for the XV phone.  ($119.99)   I compared the specifications of the two phones and then purchased a XV charger to test it on a XE. Works perfect on my AT&T XE phone.  What do you think about that.
Sam

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Hello,

The XV version of this phone is for use on the Version network. The XE version of this phone is for use on the ATT network. Their specifications are identical except for the frequencies used with the networks. XE phone will not work on Version network and XV phone will not work on ATT network per their specifications. Accessory Solutions makes a Single Bay Drop-In charger for the XV version phone. After investigating the two cell phones I ordered a AT2011A Accessory Solutions charger and It works perfect with my ATT XE phone.  Exactly per the User Manual instructions...

Sam

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.