Troubleshoot your device issues
jgbittar's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, August 20th, 2015 12:30 AM

Change how my name displays on Caller ID

when i call using my mobile phone, the name of the company i use to work for displays along with the number instead of my name.  how can that be changed?.  The phone is a blackberry q10, it used to be part of the company plan on ATT.  When i departed, the company allowed my to keep the phone.  I use a different carrier, that is an ATT subsidiary, cricket wireless.  how can this problem be fixed?  i have tried everthing on the phone to no avail.  ATT also  recently  unlocked the phone.  that did not fix this problem either.  any assistance will be appreciated, my email is ***  thanks

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey there @jgbittar

I’d be happy to help with updating your Caller ID! You can make this change directly from myAT&T! To do so:

1. Log in and go to myAT&T, and then Profile.
  2. Select the wireless account if your ID can manage multiple accounts.
  3. Select the User Information tab.
  4. Choose the device for which you want to assign or change the associated name. (You'll need to repeat these steps to update each name you'd like to assign or change.)
  5. Select the Edit link in the Primary User section.
  6. Assign or change the name associated with the device, using up to 15 characters
  7. Select Save Changes.

It can take up to 72 hours (excluding weekends) to process any Caller ID updates to a landline account. When you make calls to another wireless phone, the person you're calling will only see your phone number unless your name is already listed in that person's contact list.

People you've called in the past may need to clear your phone number from their Caller ID record on their landline account for your new name to appear. Those with other service providers may not have Caller ID or receive regular updates to their Caller ID.

For more info, please click here.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Charise, thanks for trying to help me, let me try to be more clear since it seems that i was not understood originally:

• The phone used to be on my previous company ATT corporate plan
  • When I was let go the company allowed me to keep the phone
  • Since my separation I moved the service on that phone from ATT to Cricket Wireless an ATT subsidiary
  • When i make a phone call instead of my name and number my old company name and number shows on the caller id of whomever i am calling
  • How can that be corrected?
  • I can not do it myself since the phone was  a)under a company corporate plan and b)I was not part of the admin team that manage the plan for the company.

Hope this clarification helps, I would appreciate any assistance you or your team can provide on this.  thanks jorge.

p.s.  I recently submitted a request to unlock the phone and it was granted, the phone is now unlocked but that has not corrected the problem

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

9 years ago

Don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll just ask this...

Did you get a new SIM card for the phone with a new number?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I recieved a sim card from cricket wireless that is wholly owned by att, the number was ported and remains the same as before.  thanks jorge

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Everyone any suggestions as to how resolve this?  thanks jorge

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I TRIED THIS, IT DOESNT WORK PROPERLY!

Every time I click on the additional line, EDIT, it brings up the MAIN line instead!  Ive tried this with the third line and the same thing happens!  The CID names on lines 2 & 3 are different than the main one, but I cannot correct them because it constantly reverts to the main line.  Your customer website is so frigging slow I tried for over two hours to fix this and bring up chat.  I feel like im in a third world country with your slow internet and defective website!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.