For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Ericbeon's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 1:17 AM

Can you still buy at full retail prices anymore

Went to two AT&T stores today and was informed that I cannot buy at no commitment pricing anymore ... Also if ya try to buy a phone online it only gives you older phones... What's going on here ...anybody else running into the same problem here

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@Ericbeon wrote:
Went to two AT&T stores today and was informed that I cannot buy at no commitment pricing anymore ... Also if ya try to buy a phone online it only gives you older phones... What's going on here ...anybody else running into the same problem here

Ericbeon, you can purchase phones at the full retail price at any AT&T retail store. Please see here for more information.  

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

You should be able to buy direct from the manufacturer if AT&T isn't selling what you want.

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

11 years ago

Which phone are you trying to buy? When I look, it seems some refurbished phones are only available with a 2 year contract. New phones can be purchased full price.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I was trying to buy a blackberry q10 full price .... I went to two stores and they told me you cannot not buy phones at the no commitment pricing... I was like huh??!... When I get tired of a new phone and I'm still under contract .. I pay full price .. So your probably thinking there prolly something wrong with my account ... We didn't even get that far ... I never have my name or number .... When I said I'd like to purchase the q10 at full price due to the fact that I'm under contract till 2014 ... She said you cannot do this anymore ... So I went to another store in my area and first thing I said is it true you can't buy phones at no commitment pricing anymore and she said yes also... So last night I called AT&T customer service and they had no idea what they were talking about ... He called the store to find out why they were telling a customer this ...and sure enough the manager said something said that I could and when he asked for the phone I wanted q10... It was all of the sudden out of stock ... So the customer service guy to my order over the phone blackberry q10 584$... But I wanted to tell ya that I also noticed that on the web page ... It would only let me click on older refurbished phones and a galaxy s4 32g and htc one 64g ... Nothing else no note 2 blackberry 10 devices ... Lg Optimus ... Ya know all the good stuff... Why would they let ya purchase two of the best phones and not the others ... At no commitment pricing .... Something is changing ... I'm glad u seen that web page stuff to... Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

11 years ago

Not sure what you mean by not seeing the others. I see about 30 smartphones available at no commitment pricing.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

When I was trying to do it on the Web page. Ya know buy the phone it was only bringing up a handful of refurbished phoned and a Gs4 at 32g and a HTC one at 64g. There was no 16g option or 32g option. Which has changed now all the phones are back up there now at no commitment. But at the two stores they said no to the full price . I got it though through customer service. I'll let ya know tomorrow I'm gonna go to the store and ask the manager what's up because I got the phone anyway. But with all that I got the q10. And yeah I see all the phones are up on the website at full price. They weren't there a couple days ago. Next time you stop at an at&t store ask if you can purchase one at full price. Just to see what they say. Maybe it's just an area thing 
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

[removed extraneous HTML]

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Were you at a corporate AT&T store or an authorized retailer?  I purchased the Galaxy S4 at the no-commitment price in May of this year.  I have had a corporate store refuse to sell me a phone at the no-commitment price in the past though.  I think that the reps just wanted to make their commission and didn't want to sell the phone to me.  The second store that I went to at that time sold it to me with no problems.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Yea they were both corporate stores....

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone

[removed extraneous HTML]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I bought my iPhone full price but att store sent me to apple store.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Melis1431 wrote:
I bought my iPhone full price but att store sent me to apple store.

best place to buy on at full retail price, purchase the factory unlocked one at the same price as a carrier locked one, a 100 percent win situtation. A iphone at full retail at a att outlet is still carrier locked, just no contract

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.