Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can you set a staic ip address on Lumia 640 XL

Contributor

Can you set a staic ip address on Lumia 640 XL

I just purchased a lumia 640 xl phone.  I need to set a static ip address to connect to the wi-fi at my work.  I can't seem to find where to put the address.  All other phones I have owned it was not a problem.  You would think a Windows phone would have this option.  Does it?

Thanks

Diane

Message 1 of 5
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-03-2016 11:37 AM

Re: Can you set a staic ip address on Lumia 640 XL

Hi @

If you’re needing an AT&T static IP address for business purposes,  you can contact our business solutions group by going to https://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/solutions/connectivity/ip-addressing.jsp and filling out the requested information to get a static IP address.

You will be contacted by a business solutions expert as soon as possible.

Thank you and I hope this helps!

Tony A. AT&T Social Media Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thanks for replying.  My work's wi-fi only works with static ip addresses.  I have one available to use but can't find how to put it in the phone.  Can you put a static ip address in the lumia 640xl?  I had a samsung galaxy and I had a static ip in that phone.

Thanks

Diane

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Guru

Hi Dianne, All of my Lumia Devices are on Windows 10 Mobil. I know this feature was added in Windows Phone 8.1. I'll tell you how on Windows 10 Mobile and you see if it applies. I assume that you are able to connect to the WiFi access point/router etc. after you've connected, Go Into your Settings/Network/WiFi On Windows 10 Mobile you select the Network Name and hold your finger and a menu will popup with one option being Edit. You can then set the Static IP On Windows Phone 8.1, I think there will be a Static IP option on that page. I guess I need to push a device back to 8.1 and leave it there to help people with things like this.
ODad
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Former Employee

Hey Tony, I have a quick question! Is it still only business accounts that can get static IPs for their devices, or can non-business accounts finally get static IPs too?

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support