Troubleshoot your device issues
dlkell's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 2nd, 2016 8:28 PM

Can you set a staic ip address on Lumia 640 XL

I just purchased a lumia 640 xl phone.  I need to set a static ip address to connect to the wi-fi at my work.  I can't seem to find where to put the address.  All other phones I have owned it was not a problem.  You would think a Windows phone would have this option.  Does it?

Thanks

Diane

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @dlkell !

Thank you for posting your question on the AT&T Community Forums. By default, your work ISP would be the ones who assign and set either a static or dynamic IP address when connecting your Lumia 640 XL to their Wi-Fi, so I would recommend contacting them.

If you’re needing an AT&T static IP address for business purposes,  you can contact our business solutions group by going to https://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/solutions/connectivity/ip-addressing.jsp and filling out the requested information to get a static IP address.

You will be contacted by a business solutions expert as soon as possible.

Thank you and I hope this helps!

Tony A. AT&T Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for replying.  My work's wi-fi only works with static ip addresses.  I have one available to use but can't find how to put it in the phone.  Can you put a static ip address in the lumia 640xl?  I had a samsung galaxy and I had a static ip in that phone.

Thanks

Diane

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

Hi Dianne, All of my Lumia Devices are on Windows 10 Mobil. I know this feature was added in Windows Phone 8.1. I'll tell you how on Windows 10 Mobile and you see if it applies. I assume that you are able to connect to the WiFi access point/router etc. after you've connected, Go Into your Settings/Network/WiFi On Windows 10 Mobile you select the Network Name and hold your finger and a menu will popup with one option being Edit. You can then set the Static IP On Windows Phone 8.1, I think there will be a Static IP option on that page. I guess I need to push a device back to 8.1 and leave it there to help people with things like this.

Former Employee

• 

258 Messages

8 years ago

Hey Tony, I have a quick question! Is it still only business accounts that can get static IPs for their devices, or can non-business accounts finally get static IPs too?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have change IP address on windows 10. I am following this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvAqbV0Urh0 . This tutorial Is right for me? please suggest some tips.

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

Are you talking about Windows 10 Desktop or Windows 10 phone? Because this is a phone forum and your tutorial is for the desktop version.

Also, this thread is three years old…

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Windows 10 Desktop

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.