Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can’t unlock my phone

Contributor

Can’t unlock my phone

I had my phone for over two years I. Finished paying it two months ago now I’m trying to get it unlocked and it wount let me I’m getting an error message saying “Looks like you upgraded your device recently so we can't unlock it right now. Submit a new request after the 14-day waiting period ends.” 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: Can’t unlock my phone

Did you buy a new phone on your line?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Yes I added a new line and bought a new phone 

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Saavedra209
‎09-15-2019 12:06 PM

And is this 2 year old phone on your line, the other line, or no line?  

When you request unlock, if you chose customer, and enter your phone number, the computer gets confused.

Try as a non customer.  If you get a goofy denial, call and ask for tech support.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Got problem solved I call att customer service and explain them all of the situation and they double check the situation and they escalate the problem and create a case and after few days I just inserted a sim from another carrier and bam the phone was unlocked thank you everyone for the help 

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support