Troubleshoot your device issues
callie.crk.kuczek's profile

Scholar

• 

154 Messages

Saturday, November 30th, 2013 5:55 AM

Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?

Is it possible for the iPhone 5C and 5S on Verizon Wireless to work on AT&T Wireless?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Is it possible for the iPhone 5C and 5S on Verizon Wireless to work on AT&T Wireless?

To the best of my knowledge the unlocked VZW iPhone version works on AT&T Wireless.

Scholar

• 

154 Messages

10 years ago

That is awesome.  How would I go about getting my hands on an unlocked Verizon iPhone?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

That is awesome.  How would I go about getting my hands on an unlocked Verizon iPhone?

go to a verizon or apple store and pay full retail price

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

go to a verizon or apple store and pay full retail price

The 5s will run you anywhere from $649-$849 depending on the storage capacity.

The 5c is slightly cheaper at $549 up to $649 depending on the storage capacity. 

For reference: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5c

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Both Verizon iPhones are fully unlocked and will work on AT&T's LTE network as well as overseas where available. 🙂

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Evandela wrote:
Both Verizon iPhones are fully unlocked and will work on AT&T's LTE network as well as overseas where available. 🙂

Just to clarify Evandela, if I was in the market for a new 5S I could purchase either the Verizon or AT&T variant and they would both work the same? 

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:

Just to clarify Evandela, if I was in the market for a new 5S I could purchase either the Verizon or AT&T variant and they would both work the same? 

My understanding is that the VZW model works on AT&T, while AT&T model doesn't work on VZW. So the recommendation I heard was that if one's paying the full prиce for an iPhone one should get the VZW version.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@dmapr wrote:

@Wild Banchi wrote:

My understanding is that the VZW model works on AT&T, while AT&T model doesn't work on VZW. So the recommendation I heard was that if one's paying the full prиce for an iPhone one should get the VZW version.

You're right, I do remember reading that. Kind of funny how it works one way and not the other. That's good to know because my next phone will probably be a 5s. Should be easier to decide on one since it no longer has to be AT&T-specific. 🙂

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

The att version is sans a cdma radio where the Verizon has all 3 radios installed in it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.