Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?

Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?

Is it possible for the iPhone 5C and 5S on Verizon Wireless to work on AT&T Wireless?

Message 1 of 10 (34,023 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Wild Banchi (Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?


callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Is it possible for the iPhone 5C and 5S on Verizon Wireless to work on AT&T Wireless?


To the best of my knowledge the unlocked VZW iPhone version works on AT&T Wireless.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (34,012 Views)

Re: Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?

That is awesome.  How would I go about getting my hands on an unlocked Verizon iPhone?

Message 3 of 10 (33,938 Views)
Expert

Re: Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?

[ Edited ]

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

That is awesome.  How would I go about getting my hands on an unlocked Verizon iPhone?


go to a verizon or apple store and pay full retail price

Message 4 of 10 (33,935 Views)
Master

Re: Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?


wingrider01 wrote:

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

That is awesome.  How would I go about getting my hands on an unlocked Verizon iPhone?


go to a verizon or apple store and pay full retail price


The 5s will run you anywhere from $649-$849 depending on the storage capacity.

 

The 5c is slightly cheaper at $549 up to $649 depending on the storage capacity. 

 

For reference: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5c

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 5 of 10 (33,910 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?

Both Verizon iPhones are fully unlocked and will work on AT&T's LTE network as well as overseas where available. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 10 (33,886 Views)
Master

Re: Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?


Evandela wrote:
Both Verizon iPhones are fully unlocked and will work on AT&T's LTE network as well as overseas where available. Smiley Happy

Just to clarify Evandela, if I was in the market for a new 5S I could purchase either the Verizon or AT&T variant and they would both work the same? 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 7 of 10 (33,873 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?


Wild Banchi wrote:

Just to clarify Evandela, if I was in the market for a new 5S I could purchase either the Verizon or AT&T variant and they would both work the same? 


 My understanding is that the VZW model works on AT&T, while AT&T model doesn't work on VZW. So the recommendation I heard was that if one's paying the full prиce for an iPhone one should get the VZW version.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 10 (33,846 Views)
Master

Re: Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?


dmapr wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Just to clarify Evandela, if I was in the market for a new 5S I could purchase either the Verizon or AT&T variant and they would both work the same? 


 My understanding is that the VZW model works on AT&T, while AT&T model doesn't work on VZW. So the recommendation I heard was that if one's paying the full prиce for an iPhone one should get the VZW version.


You're right, I do remember reading that. Kind of funny how it works one way and not the other. That's good to know because my next phone will probably be a 5s. Should be easier to decide on one since it no longer has to be AT&T-specific. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 9 of 10 (33,807 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?

The att version is sans a cdma radio where the Verizon has all 3 radios installed in it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 10 (23,137 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.