Helpful Links

Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?

Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?

Is it possible for the iPhone 5C and 5S on Verizon Wireless to work on AT&T Wireless?

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert

Re: Can Verizon's iPhone 5C and 5S run on AT&T Wireless?

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Is it possible for the iPhone 5C and 5S on Verizon Wireless to work on AT&T Wireless?

To the best of my knowledge the unlocked VZW iPhone version works on AT&T Wireless.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10

That is awesome.  How would I go about getting my hands on an unlocked Verizon iPhone?

Message 3 of 10
Expert

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

That is awesome.  How would I go about getting my hands on an unlocked Verizon iPhone?

go to a verizon or apple store and pay full retail price

Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Master

wingrider01 wrote:

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

go to a verizon or apple store and pay full retail price

The 5s will run you anywhere from $649-$849 depending on the storage capacity.

The 5c is slightly cheaper at $549 up to $649 depending on the storage capacity. 

For reference: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5c

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 10
ACE - Professor

Both Verizon iPhones are fully unlocked and will work on AT&T's LTE network as well as overseas where available. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 10
Master

Evandela wrote:
Both Verizon iPhones are fully unlocked and will work on AT&T's LTE network as well as overseas where available. Smiley Happy

Just to clarify Evandela, if I was in the market for a new 5S I could purchase either the Verizon or AT&T variant and they would both work the same? 

Message 7 of 10
ACE - Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:

Just to clarify Evandela, if I was in the market for a new 5S I could purchase either the Verizon or AT&T variant and they would both work the same? 

My understanding is that the VZW model works on AT&T, while AT&T model doesn't work on VZW. So the recommendation I heard was that if one's paying the full prиce for an iPhone one should get the VZW version.

Message 8 of 10
Master

dmapr wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

My understanding is that the VZW model works on AT&T, while AT&T model doesn't work on VZW. So the recommendation I heard was that if one's paying the full prиce for an iPhone one should get the VZW version.

You're right, I do remember reading that. Kind of funny how it works one way and not the other. That's good to know because my next phone will probably be a 5s. Should be easier to decide on one since it no longer has to be AT&T-specific. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

The att version is sans a cdma radio where the Verizon has all 3 radios installed in it.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support