Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can I get an old Nokia 8890 to work?

Highlighted
Contributor

Can I get an old Nokia 8890 to work?

I have found my old phone! How can I get it to work on a pay-by-the-minute sort of plan? Looking for this Nokia 8890 as a backup phone for text and phone calls.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎12-14-2018 1:49 PM

Re: Can I get an old Nokia 8890 to work?

Nope its a 2g only device and ATT has no 2G network.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Professor

It maybe a backup phone for roaming in Canada on AT&T with Rogers Wireless.Man TongueMan LOLSmiley LOL
Canada won't shut off 2G GSM until December 2020.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Are there any other carriers that would support it?

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Sage

@tlo4sho

If it isn’t unlocked already, it’s dead in the water because ATT purged all records from 2g phones.

t-mobile still has 2g until next year.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support