Troubleshoot your device issues
labim1234's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 6th, 2012 4:42 AM

Broken phone. How do you replace?

I have a cell phone that I dropped in the toilet. It has been soaking in rice FOREVER! And still doesn't work. It was a new phone and it is not anywhere near time where I can replace my phone for free. I guess my question is what do I replace it with? Does it need to be a go phone (it wasnt a go phone before)? Can it be a smart phone even though mine wasn't? What do I do? Please help! Thank you!(:

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

Here are your choices for phones:
1. GoPhones
2. Unlocked GSM phones
3. Any AT&T phone for which you pay the full non-commitment price.

If you use a smartphone on your postpaid plan, AT&T will add a data plan to your bill.

Here's what you do with the replacement phone. Just charge it up. You do not need to activate the phone. Remove the SIM card from your old phone. Make sure the SIM card is dry and clean because a dirty SIM does not make good electrical contacts with the phone. Then insert the old SIM card in your new phone. That's all.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

If your phone, tablet, or other wireless device isn't working, learn how we'll help you fix or replace it at: Replacing broken wireless device and Replacing broken GoPhone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you so much! This is very helpful(:

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

You're welcome.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

The phone in question has been on the Verizon network go phone. I want to add it to my current contract with att&t. Is this possible?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.