Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 5, 2012
9:42:32 PM
View profile
Broken phone. How do you replace?
I have a cell phone that I dropped in the toilet. It has been soaking in rice FOREVER! And still doesn't work. It was a new phone and it is not anywhere near time where I can replace my phone for free. I guess my question is what do I replace it with? Does it need to be a go phone (it wasnt a go phone before)? Can it be a smart phone even though mine wasn't? What do I do? Please help! Thank you!(:
I have a cell phone that I dropped in the toilet. It has been soaking in rice FOREVER! And still doesn't work. It was a new phone and it is not anywhere near time where I can replace my phone for free. I guess my question is what do I replace it with? Does it need to be a go phone (it wasnt a go phone before)? Can it be a smart phone even though mine wasn't? What do I do? Please help! Thank you!(:
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 19, 2015 8:45:07 AM
(0)
Administrator

If your phone, tablet, or other wireless device isn't working, learn how we'll help you fix or replace it at: Replacing broken wireless device and Replacing broken GoPhone.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Broken phone. How do you replace?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 5, 2012 11:59:11 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Jul 6, 2012 at 12:36:26 AM

Here are your choices for phones:
1. GoPhones
2. Unlocked GSM phones
3. Any AT&T phone for which you pay the full non-commitment price.

If you use a smartphone on your postpaid plan, AT&T will add a data plan to your bill.

Here's what you do with the replacement phone. Just charge it up. You do not need to activate the phone. Remove the SIM card from your old phone. Make sure the SIM card is dry and clean because a dirty SIM does not make good electrical contacts with the phone. Then insert the old SIM card in your new phone. That's all.

Here are your choices for phones:
1. GoPhones
2. Unlocked GSM phones
3. Any AT&T phone for which you pay the full non-commitment price.

If you use a smartphone on your postpaid plan, AT&T will add a data plan to your bill.

Here's what you do with the replacement phone. Just charge it up. You do not need to activate the phone. Remove the SIM card from your old phone. Make sure the SIM card is dry and clean because a dirty SIM does not make good electrical contacts with the phone. Then insert the old SIM card in your new phone. That's all.

Re: Broken phone. How do you replace?

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (11,632 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2012 6:41:42 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you so much! This is very helpful(:
Thank you so much! This is very helpful(:

3 of 6 (11,607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2012 7:32:42 AM
(0)
Professor
You're welcome.
You're welcome.

4 of 6 (11,596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 19, 2015 8:45:07 AM
(0)
Administrator

If your phone, tablet, or other wireless device isn't working, learn how we'll help you fix or replace it at: Replacing broken wireless device and Replacing broken GoPhone.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (1,213 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2016 5:29:49 PM
(0)
Contributor
The phone in question has been on the Verizon network go phone. I want to add it to my current contract with att&t. Is this possible?
The phone in question has been on the Verizon network go phone. I want to add it to my current contract with att&t. Is this possible?

6 of 6 (83 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments