Troubleshoot your device issues
jmosen's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 4:04 AM

Bringing my own Mobile Hotspot device to GoPhone

I'll be visiting the USA soon from New Zealand.

I have a ZTE mobile hotspot device that is unlocked, and while in the US, I'd like to use it on GoPhone with the $70 8GB plan. It supports UMTS/HSPA on 850 and 2100, as well as I think at least some of the frequencies on which AT&T has LTE. 3G would be fine though.

I called the sales 800 number and the representative asked for the device's IMEI. He said his system was confirming that AT&T could provide service, but no GoPhone plans were showing up. He said this may mean I might have to visit a store once I get to the US to get things working. I really don't want to do this as I'd like it to work as soon as I get off the plane so I can catch up on work while I'm in transit.

I have a GoPhone sim here. If I go ahead and activate it, then find no broadband plans are being offered to me, is there any way I can get that sorted by telephone before I go to the US?

Finally, what would be the correct APN to use for a mobile hotspot device like this? I see there is one called broadband and it looks like that might be the one?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm just trying to do all I can to make sure I can hit the ground running with mobile data.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @jmosen

I’d be happy to help with  your GoPhone plan usage during your trip! You would be able to choose from these plans for your Hotspot device. The correct APN settings for your device are available on our great eSupport article!

Please keep in mind that as our GoPhone service does not support international roaming, you may not be able to fully set up service before arriving in the US.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Its not that great of a support doc, it says nothing about "hotspots"

I'm in the USA now - I bought a SIM/plan for the month but not getting LTE only H and H+    

I have the APN stuff in correct - so I went into the store, a local guy there swapped SIM from his personal phone and bam my hotspot came up as LTE - so it works....   what could be wrong with my plan or sim?  Do you no allow LTE on pre-paided?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.