Troubleshoot your device issues
alchemie's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 18th, 2008 4:27 PM

Closed

Bluetooth Problems with Z750a

I just received my Z750a to replace my Z525a (the LEDs would not go off even when the phone was off). I note that voice dialing through my Bluetooth devices is not as I had on my Z525a. The only time voice dialing will work through them is for me to power off the phone then turn on the Bluetooth headset or speakerphone. Then I have to turn on the phone and let it connect to the already on Bluetooth device. It will then allow voice dialing. If I turn off the bluetooth device and then turn it on again, voice dialing will not work anymore. If I want to switch from one device to another, I must turn off the phone then back on after starting the new Bluetooth device. This is not how my Z525a worked. I could just turn on the bluetooth, or come in range of an already on device and voice connect funtionality was always there. I have a Motorola H680 earpiece and a Supertalk II speaker phone. I've been through the reloading of the software and performing a master reset.

Has anyone else had this issue with voice dialing via their Bluetooth headsets and the Z750a?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

214 Messages

15 years ago

I never tried voicedailing in my Z750a. But about connecting bluetooth devices, I am using mostly one bluetooth headset and I am able to ON & Off bluetooth headset but not the phone. Couple of times I connect the cell with bluetooth headset and my laptop, everything worked great and I am able to use headset and also laptop. May be you need to check the setup. Goto Menu/settings/ConnectivityBluetooth/powersave then select OFF , this will allow cell to connect multiple bluetooth devices (but uses more battery). Other thing is goto Menu/settings/ConnectivityBluetooth/my devices, now cell should show all the bluetooth devices that you have given access without pass code or setup. Hope this will help you.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Good Call rfreslist! Actually, I had to turn the power saver feature ON rather than off. Now I can utilize the voice dialing feature of the phone through my bluetooth devices (individually of course) without having to turn the phone off then back on after starting the bluetooth device. I can even turn one device off, then turn the other one on and take full advantage of the one button push to access voice dialing. Don't know why these kind of details are not included in the owner's guide. When I spoke to Ericsson, they said unless it was a branded Ericsson device they couldn't offer any assistance because the other devices were probably just incompatable.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Scholar

• 

214 Messages

15 years ago

Glad to know your problem is solved. You are welcome!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.