Many popular smartphones include an option to block any unwanted calls or texts, here are some examples:
iPhones with iOS7 now includes call/text blocking option.
In the FaceTime or Phone app, you can go to Favorites or Recents.
To view or modify your blocked numbers, go to Settings - Phone - Blocked
1. Go to Messaging app and find a text from a number you wish to block.
2. Tap on "Contact" in a upper right corner.
3. Tap the Info button next to the name or number you wish to block.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the card and tap Block this Caller.
To view or modify your blocked numbers, go to Settings - Messaging - Blocked
Nokia Lumia phones with Windows Phone 8, recently released GDR2/Amber OS update added a new setting option called phone + SMS filter (you might need to download an Extras+info app from the WP Store).
1. Go to Phone or Messaging app and find a number you wish to block.
2. Press and hold it for couple of seconds.
3. Tap "Block Number"
To view or modify your blocked numbers, go to Settings - phone + SMS filter
Samsung Galaxy phones with Android OS have a feature called "Auto reject list", it allows you to block individual numbers or all Blocked numbers:
1. Start by hitting Phone > Menu > Call settings > Call rejection.
2. Select "Auto reject list".3. Add any number you wish to block.
And for texts:
1. Go to Messaging app, tap Menu button and select Settings.
2. Enable Spam setting and add a number as spam.
Most Android phones have similar features, here is a good article that covers many popular Android phones.
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.
Go to Solution.
Go HERE to learn more about call blocking options for all phones.
Protect Your Device & Account – Tips To Keep Your Account Safe!
Can’t make a call or send a text? – Get Back In The Conversation!