Troubleshoot your device issues
dogsoldier0513's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 13th, 2015 4:43 PM

Blocking calls on Rugby?

I have several telemarketers phone numbers added to my phone's REJECT LIST. Who doesn't, right?  However, a couple of them are managing to cicumvent my REJECT LIST.  EX: ******.  When I go to add these call #s to my REJECT LIST, I am informed that that particular number is already on the list.  How is this possible?

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

I realize this is an old request but in case anyone else has this problem, as I did, this was the solution:

Go to:

Menu -> Settings -> Calls -> Voice Calls -> Call Restrictions -> Incoming calls -> Block Reject List

...and activate that last item.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @dogsoldier0513

It seems this may be the result of “spoofing” which is where a caller is made to appear as if they are calling from another number.

This is something that telemarketers have been known to use in some cases to avoid block lists. I’m afraid that at this time, it is not possible to determine or block when this is occurring. I would recommend adding your number to the National Do Not Call Registry. The following is taken from the registry’s website:

“The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website. You can register your home or mobile phone for free.”

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I know all about 'spoofing'. All of my phone numbers have been registered with the National Do Not Call List since its inception. IMO, the donotcall.gov program is a JOKE and should be DEFUNDED. What I want to know is HOW a BLOCKED number can keep calling me? The number is IN my REJECT LIST, yet continues to get through.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

NO ONE cangive me any idea how this can happen....not even ATT?????

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.