For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
autiger1892's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009 11:57 PM

Closed

Blackjack 1 Locked...can't put in password

Well today I was messing with one of my friends phones(first generation Blackjack). Well i was kiddin around and put a pass word on her phone. I pressed thebutton at the top, scrolled to "Device Lock" and put in a four digit number. well after that it i turned it off. Well she goes to turn it back on and it didnt work. well we take the battery out and put it back in. it will bring the startup screen up then it brings to home page with a little tab at the bottom left saying "Unlock" well this is what it did the last time i did this, which was no big deal. but when you go to press the button the screen blacks out, until you click the scrolling wheel again. i dont know what to do, the battery was fully charged, the phone worked just fine before. she cant take it back to at@t b/c it had water damage w while back. but thats not the problem. the only thing I can think of is to just get her to reset it. but i have no idea how to do this. please any information would be greatly appreciated 😛

-austen

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

15 years ago

Hold up (or maybe down) button on D-pad while powering up the phone will give you a chance to format the phone. This is the only way to get out of device lock. Of course, this will erase everything on the phone.
Message Edited by foxbat121 on 02-03-2009 10:05:36 PM

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

15 years ago

you can take the sim out turn the phone on and press *2767*3855# on your cell phone.. Warning: all information on the phone will be deleted. you can save your contacts, photos, and music to your sim and memory card respectively.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

THIS PROCEDURE ALSO WORKS IN THE BLACKJACK 2. HOLD THE "D PAD" UP WHILE STARTING UP. THE "D PAD" IS THE CIRCLE THING ON THE PHONE THAT SPINS!

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

15 years ago

I was having same problem. Glad I ran across this thread
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.