Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Blackberry Key2

Tutor

Blackberry Key2

Is AT&T going to offer the Blackberry Key2 for sale? Can you please advise.

I currently have the Blackberry Classic and thinking of upgrading.

Thank you,

Stephen

Message 1 of 22
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by secinv
‎03-27-2019 4:45 AM

Re: Blackberry Key2

Probably not. If you want it that badly, you can buy it unlocked from other sellers and add it as a bring-your-own-device.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 22
ACE - Sage

Not a chance. They took a chance on the Keyone and it didn’t sell well at all. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 22
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by secinv
‎03-26-2019 7:20 AM

@secinv wrote:

Is AT&T going to offer the Blackberry Key2 for sale? Can you please advise.

I currently have the Blackberry Classic and thinking of upgrading.

Thank you,

Stephen

You can buy it from Best Buy or Amazon...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/blackberry-key2-le-with-64gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-atomic/6314638....

https://blackberrymobile.com/us/product/blackberry-key2-le/#buy-now

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 22
Tutor

Thank you for rendering this opinion.

Message 5 of 22
Tutor

Okay, this would be an option. I am in no rush to replace my Blackberry Classic, so just starting to research other Blackberry's for a good replacement.

Thank you,

Stephen

Message 6 of 22
ACE - Expert

@secinv wrote:

Okay, this would be an option. I am in no rush to replace my Blackberry Classic, so just starting to research other Blackberry's for a good replacement.

Thank you,

Stephen

Just remember you are buying a android blackberry..  Your using a classic that has BB os and they no longer use it in phones.

Message 7 of 22
Tutor

Yes, understand that it is powered by Android and not BB OS. I have read some good reviews and leaning toward the Key2.

Thank you,

Stephen

Message 8 of 22
Tutor

I have watched some of the techreviews from CNET and others on youtube and it appears to be a good Blackberry. My issue with my AT&T Blackberry Classic is the BB browser is not performing as it did when purchased over three years ago. It is also very slow. 

Message 9 of 22
Tutor

Hello everyone,

I just ordered the Blackberry Key2 and should be here in a few days. It is an AT&T compatible phone.

Thank you,

Stephen

Message 10 of 22
ACE - Expert

@secinv wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just ordered the Blackberry Key2 and should be here in a few days. It is an AT&T compatible phone.

Thank you,

Stephen

Just remember you don't get advanced features like wifi calling and advance messaging or VoLTE.  Its compatible but not with advance features.

Message 11 of 22
Scholar

As long as you are sure you got the BBF100-2 model,

Message 12 of 22
Tutor

I am expecting it this afternoon and will call AT&T when it is in my hands to start setting it up. We will see how it goes, once I initiate the new Blackberry. I currently have a Blackberry Classic.

Thank you,

Stephen

Message 13 of 22
Professor

Good to hear you got the phone. Hope the setup goes okay. I'd be interested to see what advantages the Blackberry Key2 has over an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy S10.

Message 14 of 22
ACE - Expert

@QuarryRye wrote:

Good to hear you got the phone. Hope the setup goes okay. I'd be interested to see what advantages the Blackberry Key2 has over an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy S10.

@QuarryRye 

Security is the only thing the key 2 has over any highend android phone.  Its a mid range phone so the s10 and it are not even in the same class.  I was sent one to try when it came out.  The 636 SOC is not that bad really.  Its a nice phone just to slow for what I do on a day to day basis.  For @secinv it will be night and day compared to his classic.

Message 15 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support