Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Blackberry Key2

Contributor

Blackberry Key2

Spoke with a rep moments ago who said the Key2 wasn't available online, but became available at select AT&T stores last Monday (July 9, 2018).  Which stores??

Message 1 of 16
ACE - Expert

Re: Blackberry Key2

@waynes4

my guess is that att rep has no clue what they are talking about.  ATT would have put out a press release....  And they would be selling it online...  

the last new about BB was the key 1 release   http://about.att.com/searchresult.html?searchkey=blackberry&category=all&page=1&months=all&defaultva...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 16
Contributor

Appreciate any updates. I am looking for a Key2 upgrade from AT&T

I know it can be bought from Amazon

Message 3 of 16
ACE - Expert

@midcapacb wrote:

Appreciate any updates. I am looking for a Key2 upgrade from AT&T

I know it can be bought from Amazon

@midcapacb

there is no update...  I don't think ATT is going to carry it but could be wrong...  The news link I posted will have info on it if they do sell it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 16
Mentor

Anyone buy the K2 from ATT yet?

Message 5 of 16
ACE - Sage

@edcuccia

Att is not selling the Key2.    You can purchase it and use it on ATT if you like.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 16
Scholar

Maybe they will carry the LE instead.

I like the red one.

I won't get it either way, still preferring a slab phone. Nothing against pkb phones... I just personally don't want one.

Message 7 of 16
ACE - Expert

@joeldf wrote:

Maybe they will carry the LE instead.

I like the red one.

I won't get it either way, still preferring a slab phone. Nothing against pkb phones... I just personally don't want one.

wishful thinking.  I think the key 1 was the last BB to be sold by US carriers..  I could be wrong but it is a guess...

Message 8 of 16
Tutor

I'm really hoping for the key2 or key2 le with full ATT support. problem with unlocked is you don't get mobile hotspot, wifi calling or LTE calling.

Message 9 of 16
Contributor

I am still hoping for ATT to offer the BB Key2.
I am a long-time AT&T customer and BB user.
Since AT&T already offers the Key1 and the Key2 is better and replaces, I do not see why they would not switch from Key1 to Key2

Hopefully someone at AT&T is reading this.
Message 10 of 16
ACE - Expert

@aaasingh wrote:

I'm really hoping for the key2 or key2 le with full ATT support. problem with unlocked is you don't get mobile hotspot, wifi calling or LTE calling.

you still get mobile hotspot...  Just not other enhanced LTE features or RCS features.

Message 11 of 16
ACE - Expert

@midcapacb wrote:
I am still hoping for ATT to offer the BB Key2.
I am a long-time AT&T customer and BB user.
Since AT&T already offers the Key1 and the Key2 is better and replaces, I do not see why they would not switch from Key1 to Key2

Hopefully someone at AT&T is reading this.

ATT is about numbers..  The key 1 sold like crap so your not going to see a carrier pick up the key 2.  The key 1 had many build problems.  Look at HTC they cant sell a phone thru a carrier these days either.

Message 12 of 16
Contributor

Perhaps I am naive - I bought an unlocked  Keyone directly from TCL.    ATT is my service provider.  I have mobile hotspot, wifi calls and LTE calls.

So here is my Q.  I want the 128gb KeyTwo,   I have found what I believe to be a reputable seller in the UK.  However, I hesitate to purchase it if I will not have mobile hotspot, wifi calls and LTE calls.   Would u be kind enough to explain to me why I would not have these 3 items.  

I thought that once AT&T put a new sim card in that I would be supported on the AT&T network?  Would you explain to me why this would not include support from the AT&T network even if they are not selling the phone?

Thank you

Message 13 of 16
ACE - Sage

@sranyc

You should buy the US version with US warranty if you expect good compatibility and warranty service.  While other versions have bands, they will have no warranty.   

There is no reason hotspot wouldn’t work.  Blackberry will NOT have WiFi calling, even the one they sold did not.  Calls will not be VoLTE.  

To repeat:  the BB keyone did not have Wifi calling https://www.att.com/cellphones/blackberry/keyone.html#specs

No BB has had Wifi calling on ATT.  

Your definition of ‘supported’ is not how it works.  If you get talk, text and data, that’s all the ‘support’ ATT owes you when your BYOP.  

Att has this far not bothered to allow VoLTE and advanced calling to any phone capable.  Neither does Verizon.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 14 of 16
Mentor

He has to have the correct plan, to do hotspot,right?  or is this out dated?

About hotspot and tethering
In order to tether or use your device as a mobile hotspot, you need a capable device and a compatible data plan.
  • A capable device can be a smartphone, tablet, or other 4G LTE device with tethering capabilities or a dedicated hotspot device. Learn more about dedicated hotspot devices.
  • A compatible data plan allows you to use your capable device as a mobile hotspot.
    • To see if your plan is compatible, go to your Account overview. Then go to the My Wirelesssection, and select Manage my data plan. Finally, choose See my details to view your plan details.
    • If your current plan isn’t compatible, shop new plans at att.com/wirelessplans.
Heads up: Dedicated hotspots devices may not be eligible for tethering on unlimited plans.
Message 15 of 16
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support