Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Blackberry Curve E-mail Problem

Blackberry Curve E-mail Problem

Hello,

My Blackberry indicates that I have messages in my e-mail box even though they are empty when I open them up.  I am able to receive my yahoo and gmail account e-mails thru my phone and even though I delete the messages the phone says they are still there.  How do I fix this?  Thanks for your help,

Jeff

Message 1 of 5
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by slickpeter
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Blackberry Curve E-mail Problem

Blackberry has an extensive knowledge base at www.blackberry.com/btsc.  Althouh I didn't find your exact problem (perhaps somebody else with different search terms would have better luck), there was some useful related information.

First, make sure all your messages are marked as read.  The bottom portion of this article shows that process.

Then this article gives a number of steps to take for a different but related issue.  There's just one thing I would change for your issue of a stuck message indicator rather than the article's issue of no indicator.  Rather than just making sure the indicator is set to Yes, change it to No and then back to Yes.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks erichamion,

The article you pointed me to helped me solve my problem.  All i needed to do was perform a reset.  I chose the soft reset rather than a hard reset and that appears to have done the trick.

JC

Message 3 of 5

Glad it's solved.  Thanks for posting back with the result.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Former Moderator

@slickpeter wrote:

Thanks erichamion,

The article you pointed me to helped me solve my problem.  All i needed to do was perform a reset.  I chose the soft reset rather than a hard reset and that appears to have done the trick.

JC

Thank you for taking the time to post your inquiry. I see that erichamion has provided you with some useful information. Thanks erichamion for your assistance. Please feel free to open a new thread should you need further assistance. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support