For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
mikeethrower1's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 18th, 2008 2:01 AM

Closed

Blackberry Bold http error 403 forbidden

I just purchased my bold. While tring to access media net this error appears. Also while tring to do anything with at&t downloading. I took it to a store and they had no clue what was wrong. I havent called tech support yet as I am hoping for an easy fix. Reset all my service books, swiped it still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

It's only att media net services cant download things from att. Also just realized the mms feature isnt working either. I chatted with a att rep last night the said there has been an outage in my area since 11/07/2008. Which upsets the heck out of me. Nothing like paying for services you can't use.

Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

15 years ago

403 is from the HTTP server you're connecting to -- not the BB.  Does this happen on any web site?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

I have had the bold for 3 weeks and having the same 403 error forbidden and have called and called and gone up to at&t and no one knows whats wrong until today. The customer support said that she was looking at an email stating the problems with media net and that there is going to be an update available on January 8th to fix the problem but we will see.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

The solution is simple folks, the only problem that is causing the 403 forbidden in the web browser is a corrupt file in the service books..

1) go tooptions on main screen

2)then go to advanced

3) go to service book

delete all but provisioning

4) make sure you are on the phone with a rep,

5) then you will have to power cycle your phone

And wolla it works again

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Is this something you did yourself? I am wondering why out of all the reps Ive been on the phone with why none of them know how to fix it.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

15 years ago

Since you did say you reset all ur service books and it still didnt work, it may be an issue on ATT side. what device did you have before? This because for me, after switching from the iphone my profile was not fully updated with the new device and when i called ATT they had to do like a manual update and push it out to the network, restarted my device and I was able to get on media net just fine..

Deleting and resending the service books works for most browsing issues but for this specific issue it appears to be on ATT side.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Careful, I did this (removed the service book entries) and now there is no browser.   Didn't do it with the rep on the line though.  I'll post later when I get this solved.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Got on the live chat with ATT support this morning.  They were able to restore my service book entries in about 10 seconds.  My browser was back instantly. 

I then got a different message when trying to access the ATT phone app shopping site (games, themes, etc. The message said that I was not in an area that can access data. I have 3G and WiFi access.  They had me remove the battery, restart and I am now able to access the sites without a problem.  Not sure what they did on their end but it worked.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Try removing your sim card for a few seconds and put it back in.  After being on the phone for 45 minutes with technical support, that was the simple fix. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.