Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: BlackBerry Pearl 8110 will NOT detect my MicroSD Card

Contributor

BlackBerry Pearl 8110 will NOT detect my MicroSD Card

I just ordered a brand new 2GB SanDisk MicroSD Card (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QDNPVM) to place in my brand new BlackBerry Pearl 8110.
 
After placing it into the Pearl it is not detected. The Pearl acts as if no card is even in the phone. I then place the SAME MicroSD card into my card reader connected via USB to my computer and it works fine.
 
I have tried:
 
1. Formatting the card in FAT
2. Formatting the card in FAT32
3. Formatting the card in NTFS
4. Putting the card in while the phone is off.
5. Putting the card in while the phone is on. Resetting the phone.
6. Putting the card in while the phone is on but media card support is off. Turning media support on.
7. Putting the card in while the phone is on and media card support is on. Turning media support off, save, then on.
8. Setting up a "blackberry\music" director on the card.
9. Setting up only a "blackberry" folder under the root.
10. Setting up only a "BlackBerry" folder under the root (maybe case-sensative?)
11. I went to www.att.com/bbdownloads and made sure that I have the latest software both on the phone and the desktop.
 
None of the above have worked. Nothing. No matter what I do my phone acts as if there is no card present in the phone.
 
I am will to try any and all suggestions.
6,081 Views
Message 1 of 7
Guru

Re: BlackBerry Pearl 8110 will NOT detect my MicroSD Card



@madkidd wrote:
I just ordered a brand new 2GB SanDisk MicroSD Card (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QDNPVM) to place in my brand new BlackBerry Pearl 8110.
 
After placing it into the Pearl it is not detected. The Pearl acts as if no card is even in the phone. I then place the SAME MicroSD card into my card reader connected via USB to my computer and it works fine.
 
I have tried:
 
1. Formatting the card in FAT
2. Formatting the card in FAT32
3. Formatting the card in NTFS
4. Putting the card in while the phone is off.
5. Putting the card in while the phone is on. Resetting the phone.
6. Putting the card in while the phone is on but media card support is off. Turning media support on.
7. Putting the card in while the phone is on and media card support is on. Turning media support off, save, then on.
8. Setting up a "blackberry\music" director on the card.
9. Setting up only a "blackberry" folder under the root.
10. Setting up only a "BlackBerry" folder under the root (maybe case-sensative?)
11. I went to www.att.com/bbdownloads and made sure that I have the latest software both on the phone and the desktop.
 
None of the above have worked. Nothing. No matter what I do my phone acts as if there is no card present in the phone.
 
I am will to try any and all suggestions.


Try formatting the card with the device. When in Media Card settings, press the Menu key and choose Format Card. See if that works.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Pearl 8110 will NOT detect my MicroSD Card

Like I mentioned in my original post my Pearl acts as if nothing is even in the media slot and therefore the "Format" option on the devise is not there.
Message 3 of 7
Guru
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by madkidd
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: BlackBerry Pearl 8110 will NOT detect my MicroSD Card



@madkidd wrote:
Like I mentioned in my original post my Pearl acts as if nothing is even in the media slot and therefore the "Format" option on the devise is not there.


If you did #5 on your list by pulling the battery, there may be a problem with the device itself. Have you tried a different card if one is available?
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Professor

Re: BlackBerry Pearl 8110 will NOT detect my MicroSD Card

Try a different microSD card....does that work? Bring it into your local ATT store and let them check it out. They can try it with one of their microSD cards. If theirs doesn't work either, then your BB needs repair.
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Pearl 8110 will NOT detect my MicroSD Card



@jigsawIV wrote:


@madkidd wrote:
Like I mentioned in my original post my Pearl acts as if nothing is even in the media slot and therefore the "Format" option on the devise is not there.


If you did #5 on your list by pulling the battery, there may be a problem with the device itself. Have you tried a different card if one is available?



Ah, thank you very much for this post. Doing #5 by pulling the battery worked and it is now reading my card! Thank you much!
Message 6 of 7
Guru

Re: BlackBerry Pearl 8110 will NOT detect my MicroSD Card



@madkidd wrote:


@jigsawIV wrote:


@madkidd wrote:
Like I mentioned in my original post my Pearl acts as if nothing is even in the media slot and therefore the "Format" option on the devise is not there.


If you did #5 on your list by pulling the battery, there may be a problem with the device itself. Have you tried a different card if one is available?



Ah, thank you very much for this post. Doing #5 by pulling the battery worked and it is now reading my card! Thank you much!


You are very welcome. I'm glad it worked for you! Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support