For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
troglodrew's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, May 26th, 2019 2:38 PM

BlackBerry Key2 and Key2 LE

I would like to upgrade my KeyOne and would very much like a Key2. Unfortunately the only option at this point is a Bring-Your-Own-Device, so I woulnd't be able to upgrade. I've also heard that BYOD phones suffer from connectivity issues on AT&T. PLEASE carry more BlackBerry Mobile options! We are a small, but very dedicated, group.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

BB doesn’t sell well, so carriers are done with them.  

You can always upgrade, you just cannot finance with AT&T.  

I disagree that “BYOD suffer connectivity issues”.  I have all BYOD phones. Moto pure edition, pixel 3 xl and oneplus 6t.  The Pixel even get Wifi calling and has a superior antenna and connection than Samsung. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

The sad thing is those devices.are junk.  They are not real bb anymore.  TCL stinks at building phones.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I very much disagree that the TCL phones are junk. While I'd rather have a Passport running BB10, the KeyOne is certainly better than the motoG I attempted to go to. Android is customizable enough that I can add plenty of remembrances of BB10. And, of course, there's the keypad and the security.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

There is your problem comparing a moto g budget phone to others.  The key 2 is over priced period.  It's worth 350 at most with the dates SOC it has.  I had a key 1 on launch the build quality was horrible.  The screen fell out..  they did add more glue to hold them in better.

If you like bb stay with them but don't expect carrier support anymore.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

Lol.  That’s like comparing a Toyota to a Hyundai.  Moto is making inexpensive phones for mass market.  BB was a flagship in its day, but made many mistakes.  I’m sure it’s a decent device, but customers aren’t biting.  It’s a vicious cycle. Without carrier support, phones don’t sell.  Without substantial following, carriers won’t carry a phone.  With out decent sales there is no profit in making a flagship phone. 

AT&T no longer does business with several manufacturers; HTC, Sony, BB, Huawei, Amazon and a few other brands.  They also foolishly tried Razer and Red Hydrogen phones, which I’m sure didn’t sell well.  

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

5 years ago

While I had heard about the initial problems with the KeyOne, I also have a KeyOne but the dual sim Black Edition which has 4gig RAM and 64g storage, and there is no problem with it.  While the problem you experienced was a bad mistake, other brands have released their own mistakes as well and life goes on.  BlackBerry still rules, even with having to downgraade to operating on the android OS.   I also have their Aurora touchscreen and it runs smoothly as well.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

If bb still ruled they would be sold on carriers.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

I get you like it, and it may ‘rule’ you, but in the smartphone game, it’s not running with the big boys. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I don't think you could accuse any BlackBerry die hard (and I am one of them) of caring about "running with the big boys". 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.