Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 19, 2008
11:06:54 PM
View profile
Backing Up/Copying SMS Messages to Read On My Computer

I'd like to backup or copy some SMS/Text converstations that are currently stored on my phone. They should be ok until my next firmward upgrade, but I would like to make copies of them on my computer so that I could maybe read them in a text editor. Some of them are quite funny, so are good read over later for a laugh.

Anyway, for backing up my phone, I use SPB back, which makes a .exe  file on my MicroSD card...not something I can open in notebad and read easily. 

Does anyone know of a way to do what I would like to do?

Thx. 

I'd like to backup or copy some SMS/Text converstations that are currently stored on my phone. They should be ok until my next firmward upgrade, but I would like to make copies of them on my computer so that I could maybe read them in a text editor. Some of them are quite funny, so are good read over later for a laugh.

Anyway, for backing up my phone, I use SPB back, which makes a .exe  file on my MicroSD card...not something I can open in notebad and read easily. 

Does anyone know of a way to do what I would like to do?

Thx. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 20, 2008 8:43:15 AM
(0)
Expert
PPCPimbackup (freeware) just backs up contacts, SMS, tasks and calendar entries...individually.  Not sure if you can open the files though (I've never tried to).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Accepted Solution

Backing Up/Copying SMS Messages to Read On My Computer

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 20, 2008 8:43:15 AM
(0)
Expert
PPCPimbackup (freeware) just backs up contacts, SMS, tasks and calendar entries...individually.  Not sure if you can open the files though (I've never tried to).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Re: Backing Up/Copying SMS Messages to Read On My Computer

2 of 3 (3,138 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2008 4:34:38 PM
(0)
Master
The PIM Quick User Guide tells how to open the files on your computer.  Works very well.
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
The PIM Quick User Guide tells how to open the files on your computer.  Works very well.
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Re: Backing Up/Copying SMS Messages to Read On My Computer

3 of 3 (3,103 Views)