Helpful Links

Avail 2 reception is quite poor - if I return it what other GoPhone devices are recommended?

Avail 2 reception is quite poor - if I return it what other GoPhone devices are recommended?

I'm on travel and had a cheap, not smartphone, Samsung GoPhone. But it had good reception.

And my iPad 2 has great AT&T reception. I get 4 or 5 bars where I'm staying all the time and great speeds.

But from the same location the Avail 2 I got on Monday has really bad reception. Most of the time I can't even send or receive text indoors unless I go to a higher floor or go outside.

I just bought it this week at Target so assume I can still return it. But if I do - what are my other smartphone options?

I would have liked to use my iPhone 5, but it is locked to my carrier in Japan. My 2nd choice would be an Android phone with good reception and a relatively recent Android OS.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hate to think of going through the next several months like this. I wasn't expecting great performance from a $54 cell phone. So the fact that the device itself is extremely slow I can live with. But if I can't even send or receive a text indoors - that put me out of touch.

Thanks,

Doug

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Avail 2 reception is quite poor - if I return it what other GoPhone devices are recommended?

I already answered this question in another thread, but if I were you, I would consider purchasing a used smartphone to tie you over for a while, particularly an Android phone such as a Galaxy S III or the like if that is what you're interested in.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support