For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
momma4's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 1st, 2015 3:39 AM

Asus Padfone X minic

hello do anyone know to unlock my Asus padfone x mini? I bought it from walmart gophone to use with my straight talk service the number was transfered get texts but np pics and when away from home no internet my carrier said needs to  be unlocked. We back to walmart they couldn't do it; went to att store said no can do they said do it online; did it error imei invalid; called att they said call Asus did no help can someone please help me.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Link to unlock portal below in blue letters.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414532&cv=820

If you paid full retail you can request unlock as a non AT&T customer. (Please note all conditions for unlock)

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @momma4 

Just to clarify, you said your phone works for text but no picture messaging or internet? Does the actual calling function work as well? If that's the case then the network lock is not the issue, but it's either APN settings or it might not be compatible with your carrier for data.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi! I can't change the APN because it is locked its a ATT phone but my
service with Straight Talk. It has basic use text, call, wifi when i'm home
but once i leave no internet service.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @momma4 

Thank you for clarifying. When we refer to phone unlocking, we're talking about a network lock (or subsidy lock), that allows someone use the phone on another carrier's network, which is not an issue in your case. Unfortunately, there is no way to unlock or unblock specific features or settings of the phone. There is no way to unblock APN settings that I know of, you might need to exchange or return your device.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.