Troubleshoot your device issues
djames1999's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, December 6th, 2014 12:04 AM

Asurion Insurance Question - Do you get the same phone as a replacement?

Hello, good evening all!

My phone was dropped in water accidentally about a month ago, and I have been trying not to file an insurance claim. The phone works, but the rear camera does not, and the screen goes wacky sometimes. My question is: if I file a claim, will I get the phone that Asurion says that I will? My current phone is an iphone 5 16 GB, and when filing the claim it says that is what I will get. I have read on some threads, though, that you might possibly get a different equally valued phone, or the next model. Is there any gurantee that I will get this phone, or is there still a possibility that I will get a different one? Has anybody had any experience with filing a claim on your iPhone 5? Did you get the same phone as a replacement, or did you get a different model?

I ask because I figured that if AT&T did not offer the iphone 5 anymore, that asurion would do the same and have to replace with a different model..?

[Subject edited for better exposure]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

the insurance says you will get the same phone or an equivalent. What that means only Asurion knows. Usually, you will get a refurbished phone of the same model. The 5 is not that old and there should be some around, so most likely  you will get the same model.

But there is no guarantee.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

NO, you do NOT get the same or equivalent. I bought an ASUS 10.1 inch tablet so I would have a large screen. When the motherboard went out they would not provide a 10 inch tablet. They told me all they had was an 8 inch tablet. They refused to do anything else. Be cautious with Asurion because they will give you an inferior replacement. Find device insurance somewhere else. I have been stung by them.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

The thing is screen size is not the only determining factor...Processor, RAM, storage, etc are also factors.

The Asus Padfone had Snapdragon 800, 1080P screen on the tablet, and 2GB of RAM. Would you have rather gotten a lower end 10 inch tablet with lower resolution and slower processor?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I get a lg 4 phone replacement

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I sent my sworn affidavit on May 20,2016

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Just have to wait for a [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. that charges Asurion millions and ultimatly the victims will recieve nothing...again. Thanks ATT you suck

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

You're right. I've paid the $30/ mo charge for too long and now I have a stolen phone that they will not replace because I didn't finish the application when I reported it. I delayed because this was my moms phone and she was in hospital and then she passed away.  I still pay an installment on this phone, still have a line of service but no phone and no mom and seeing this month after month on my bill is yet another painful reminder. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Not sure what your experience has been but mine has been frustrating.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge,  the replacement phone was a Galaxy S7.  My sticking point is that I bought the phone for the built in stylus, the S7 doesn't have this so I called and at first I got the run around.  Not sure why I still can't have the same phone I have, I looked it up and the model is still available and in sever AT&T stores near me.  Now they are offering to send an LG V20 and I specifically asked if it had a built in stylus and I was told that it did.  I've since then looked it up on line and not seeing the stylus.  Probably going to have to send this one back too.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Will someone please explain to me why it is ok for their ins (for broken replacement phone) to send a refurbished phone when I bought a new one?!?! Just another of at&freakingt’s way of saying bend over I guess!! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You get the same phone but not always the same color. I filled a claim  now I have a lavender phone but  I was told that color is not available so if i want a new phone i have to go with the blue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.