For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
joshjbarron's profile

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

Sunday, April 26th, 2009 11:05 PM

Closed

Annoying Startup Screen on TILT??????????

when i turn on my 8925 tilt wm 6.1 i see this:

Resource: Media Net

User Name: WAP@CINGULAR.COM or WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM (whatever my media net settings are at the time)

Password:

Domain:

O Save Password

how do i get this to stop showing up.........its only been happening since i formatted my phone last week.....thanx to all who help

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

698 Messages

15 years ago

You're welcome. I won't post anymore on this. I wasn't trying to solve your problem. I was merely stating, that this is a very common problem, quirk, whatever. Lots of people have posted on this. People at xda and other sites have not been able to come up with a 'solution.'  This appears to be a microsoft issue. I don't think you will find a 'quck & easy' solution. Otherwise, people much more acknowledgeable than I, would have posted a fix.

Guru

• 

698 Messages

15 years ago

I'm kinda slow, so please explain what you mean, when you say you "formatted" your phone. There have been numerous posts about the screen that you mention. You can search this forum, and see others that have this 'annoying' problem. It also asks for more than what you list. This seems to be a quirk in the WM 6.1 operation system. I see this when I do a soft reset of my Tilt. However, all I do is click "ok."  I never have to enter information...then the screen goes away.

On another note, you should never have to enter the "WAP" password. If you have a valid AT&T account, with an active SIM card, this shouldn't be a problem. In other words, you shouldn't have to know a "16" digit password...yours or anyone else's.You also state "whatever your media net settings" are at a time." Why would they change? Are you trying to 'tether' your Tilt? If so, with the proper plan...again...this information would be given to you, when the proper account is set up.

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

15 years ago

i appreciate your help.......i know i can hit ok, i know i dont have to know the password, i know i dont need to change my settings,..........what i dont knowq is how to get the screen from popping up and the 16 digit password........i was just trying to get some info and maybe solve a problem........youve told me what i already know, but i do appreciate you trying to help me solve my issue.......thanx for your time.....

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

15 years ago

then maybe when i formatted my phone it automatically upgraded to 6.1 without my knowledge.......because i never had the problem until then.......thanx for helping me of what you could.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.