Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 14, 2013
10:00:54 AM
View profile
Am I allowed to sell my phone?
I just purchased a new smartphone, but I've decided it's not really what I want from a phone, and I would rather just go back to my old one. So long as I honor my contract, is it ok to sell my phone?
I just purchased a new smartphone, but I've decided it's not really what I want from a phone, and I would rather just go back to my old one. So long as I honor my contract, is it ok to sell my phone?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 14, 2013 11:13:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Gide0n wrote:
Ok, so even though the phone is only two weeks old, I can still sell it just as long as I stay with att for the two years and keep a phone on the line, correct?

Strictly speaking, you don't even need that. Just keeping the line in service is enough, so if you decided to sell all your phones and not use the line at all, you can still do it... provided you keep paying your monthly fee Smiley Happy

So yes, you can do that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Am I allowed to sell my phone?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 10:54:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

It is alright to sell your phone.  I have seen smart phones available for sale online on eBay and elsewhere.

It is alright to sell your phone.  I have seen smart phones available for sale online on eBay and elsewhere.

Re: Am I allowed to sell my phone?

2 of 9 (2,819 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 11:25:04 AM
(0)
Tutor
Okay, I was worried I might get in trouble or something, or violate my contract agreement by selling the phone. I just want to make my money back if I'm not going to use it.
Okay, I was worried I might get in trouble or something, or violate my contract agreement by selling the phone. I just want to make my money back if I'm not going to use it.

3 of 9 (2,812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 11:37:04 AM
(0)
Expert

Gide0n wrote:

If the 2 year commitment is up you can sell the phone without a problem, if it is still under contract you are still required to keep a phone on the line, it does not have to be the same phone, if you cancel the line you will be charged a early termination fee.

Gide0n wrote:

If the 2 year commitment is up you can sell the phone without a problem, if it is still under contract you are still required to keep a phone on the line, it does not have to be the same phone, if you cancel the line you will be charged a early termination fee.

4 of 9 (2,809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 12:14:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Gide0n wrote:

Yes, as long as you honor your contract it's OK. Just don't forget to change/remove your smartphone data plan appropriately, you don't want to be paying for something you don't need Smiley Wink

Gide0n wrote:

Yes, as long as you honor your contract it's OK. Just don't forget to change/remove your smartphone data plan appropriately, you don't want to be paying for something you don't need Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (2,785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 2:38:17 PM
(0)
Tutor
Ok, so even though the phone is only two weeks old, I can still sell it just as long as I stay with att for the two years and keep a phone on the line, correct?

6 of 9 (2,759 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 14, 2013 11:13:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Gide0n wrote:

Strictly speaking, you don't even need that. Just keeping the line in service is enough, so if you decided to sell all your phones and not use the line at all, you can still do it... provided you keep paying your monthly fee Smiley Happy

So yes, you can do that.

Gide0n wrote:

So yes, you can do that.

7 of 9 (2,705 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 11:18:46 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks all for the responses Smiley Happy
Thanks all for the responses Smiley Happy

8 of 9 (2,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 9:43:49 AM
(0)
Teacher
I trade phones like every 2/3 months and they don't say anything I like to try different phones. As long as u pay your bill they don't care what you do
I trade phones like every 2/3 months and they don't say anything I like to try different phones. As long as u pay your bill they don't care what you do

9 of 9 (2,402 Views)