Troubleshoot your device issues
Gide0n's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, July 14th, 2013 5:00 PM

Am I allowed to sell my phone?

I just purchased a new smartphone, but I've decided it's not really what I want from a phone, and I would rather just go back to my old one. So long as I honor my contract, is it ok to sell my phone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

@Gide0n wrote:
Ok, so even though the phone is only two weeks old, I can still sell it just as long as I stay with att for the two years and keep a phone on the line, correct?

Strictly speaking, you don't even need that. Just keeping the line in service is enough, so if you decided to sell all your phones and not use the line at all, you can still do it... provided you keep paying your monthly fee 🙂

So yes, you can do that.

Scholar

• 

154 Messages

11 years ago

It is alright to sell your phone.  I have seen smart phones available for sale online on eBay and elsewhere.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Okay, I was worried I might get in trouble or something, or violate my contract agreement by selling the phone. I just want to make my money back if I'm not going to use it.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Gide0n wrote:
Okay, I was worried I might get in trouble or something, or violate my contract agreement by selling the phone. I just want to make my money back if I'm not going to use it.

If the 2 year commitment is up you can sell the phone without a problem, if it is still under contract you are still required to keep a phone on the line, it does not have to be the same phone, if you cancel the line you will be charged a early termination fee.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

@Gide0n wrote:
I just purchased a new smartphone, but I've decided it's not really what I want from a phone, and I would rather just go back to my old one. So long as I honor my contract, is it ok to sell my phone?

Yes, as long as you honor your contract it's OK. Just don't forget to change/remove your smartphone data plan appropriately, you don't want to be paying for something you don't need 😉

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Ok, so even though the phone is only two weeks old, I can still sell it just as long as I stay with att for the two years and keep a phone on the line, correct?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks all for the responses 🙂

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

I trade phones like every 2/3 months and they don't say anything I like to try different phones. As long as u pay your bill they don't care what you do
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.