Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 6, 2013
4:02:57 PM
View profile
Am I able to trade phones with any member of my plan?
So my mom's contract has just ended and she is ready to upgrade. I have the iPhone 5, and want to upgrade to the Samsung GS4. I got my iPhone 5 in December, so am I allowed to trade phones with her. So she would buy the GS4 on her contract, but we would swap phones and put my current number onto that phone. Am I allowed to do that? Thanks!
So my mom's contract has just ended and she is ready to upgrade. I have the iPhone 5, and want to upgrade to the Samsung GS4. I got my iPhone 5 in December, so am I allowed to trade phones with her. So she would buy the GS4 on her contract, but we would swap phones and put my current number onto that phone. Am I allowed to do that? Thanks!
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 6, 2013 5:33:38 PM
(0)
Scholar

Yes, just have your mom go to an AT&T store and get a nano SIM, put it in the iPhone 5. Then use her line to do the upgrade to a Galaxy S4 for your line.

Accepted Solution

Am I able to trade phones with any member of my plan?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 6, 2013 5:33:38 PM
(0)
Scholar

Yes, just have your mom go to an AT&T store and get a nano SIM, put it in the iPhone 5. Then use her line to do the upgrade to a Galaxy S4 for your line.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

Re: Am I able to trade phones with any member of my plan?

2 of 4 (4,426 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2013 2:50:11 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you! And we would also be allowed to put our original numbers onto the phones, too, right?
Thank you! And we would also be allowed to put our original numbers onto the phones, too, right?

3 of 4 (4,373 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2013 5:31:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Yes, you each get to keep your original numbers.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Yes, you each get to keep your original numbers.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (4,357 Views)