Am I able to trade phones with any member of my plan?

Contributor

Am I able to trade phones with any member of my plan?

So my mom's contract has just ended and she is ready to upgrade. I have the iPhone 5, and want to upgrade to the Samsung GS4. I got my iPhone 5 in December, so am I allowed to trade phones with her. So she would buy the GS4 on her contract, but we would swap phones and put my current number onto that phone. Am I allowed to do that? Thanks!
Message 1 of 4 (4,456 Views)
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew_bru
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Am I able to trade phones with any member of my plan?

Yes, just have your mom go to an AT&T store and get a nano SIM, put it in the iPhone 5. Then use her line to do the upgrade to a Galaxy S4 for your line.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 2 of 4 (4,437 Views)
Contributor

Thank you! And we would also be allowed to put our original numbers onto the phones, too, right?
Message 3 of 4 (4,384 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Yes, you each get to keep your original numbers.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (4,368 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.