Troubleshoot your device issues
dmoo's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 4th, 2013 3:19 PM

Alcatel 871A Worst Phone Ever!!

I have the Alcatel 871A, this phone is the worst phone ever! When the key lock is on it dials 911, the police have been dispatched to my location over 15 times in the last 2 months. They call me upset because their has not been an emergency.  This phone is going to get me in trouble. The sound quality is bad I can hardly hear people I'm talking to. The camera has Never worked the pictures are green! I called tech support all they can do is move my upgrade date so I can upgrade my phone, so I bought the phone, not I have to buy another one and they will still charge the $36.00 upgrade fee, doesn't really sound fair.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

If you've had the phone for 6 months, assuming you have a 1 year manufacturer warranty on it, why don't you contact ATT Warranty to see if they can replace your phone??

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@dmoo wrote:

I have the Alcatel 871A, this phone is the worst phone ever! When the key lock is on it dials 911, the police have been dispatched to my location over 15 times in the last 2 months. They call me upset because their has not been an emergency.  This phone is going to get me in trouble. The sound quality is bad I can hardly hear people I'm talking to. The camera has Never worked the pictures are green! I called tech support all they can do is move my upgrade date so I can upgrade my phone, so I bought the phone, not I have to buy another one and they will still charge the $36.00 upgrade fee, doesn't really sound fair.

How old is the phone?? Have you tried contacting warranty if you're still within the warranty period?

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

11 years ago

The 871A is a GoPhone, so you shouldn't even have a contract.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I have had the phone for about 6 months

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Yea I did not like any of there quick messing phones, so I bought this one so I would not have to have a 2 year contract again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.