Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 4, 2013
8:19:12 AM
View profile
Alcatel 871A Worst Phone Ever!!

I have the Alcatel 871A, this phone is the worst phone ever! When the key lock is on it dials 911, the police have been dispatched to my location over 15 times in the last 2 months. They call me upset because their has not been an emergency.  This phone is going to get me in trouble. The sound quality is bad I can hardly hear people I'm talking to. The camera has Never worked the pictures are green! I called tech support all they can do is move my upgrade date so I can upgrade my phone, so I bought the phone, not I have to buy another one and they will still charge the $36.00 upgrade fee, doesn't really sound fair.

I have the Alcatel 871A, this phone is the worst phone ever! When the key lock is on it dials 911, the police have been dispatched to my location over 15 times in the last 2 months. They call me upset because their has not been an emergency.  This phone is going to get me in trouble. The sound quality is bad I can hardly hear people I'm talking to. The camera has Never worked the pictures are green! I called tech support all they can do is move my upgrade date so I can upgrade my phone, so I bought the phone, not I have to buy another one and they will still charge the $36.00 upgrade fee, doesn't really sound fair.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 4, 2013 11:45:57 AM
(0)
Expert
If you've had the phone for 6 months, assuming you have a 1 year manufacturer warranty on it, why don't you contact ATT Warranty to see if they can replace your phone??

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Accepted Solution

Alcatel 871A Worst Phone Ever!!

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 9:02:35 AM
(0)
Expert

dmoo wrote:

How old is the phone?? Have you tried contacting warranty if you're still within the warranty period?

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

dmoo wrote:

How old is the phone?? Have you tried contacting warranty if you're still within the warranty period?

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: Alcatel 871A Worst Phone Ever!!

2 of 6 (2,235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 9:22:56 AM
(0)
Professor

The 871A is a GoPhone, so you shouldn't even have a contract.

The 871A is a GoPhone, so you shouldn't even have a contract.

3 of 6 (2,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 9:23:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have had the phone for about 6 months

I have had the phone for about 6 months

4 of 6 (2,224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 9:39:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yea I did not like any of there quick messing phones, so I bought this one so I would not have to have a 2 year contract again.

Yea I did not like any of there quick messing phones, so I bought this one so I would not have to have a 2 year contract again.

5 of 6 (2,221 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 4, 2013 11:45:57 AM
(0)
Expert
If you've had the phone for 6 months, assuming you have a 1 year manufacturer warranty on it, why don't you contact ATT Warranty to see if they can replace your phone??

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

6 of 6 (2,197 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments