For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
natitonic's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 1:46 PM

Alcatel 510A- "Secure Connection Failed!" Error whenever I try to connect to the internet

Whenever I try to open the internet application on this phone, it starts to load, and then comes up with that error. I've tried clearing cache and cookies, turning my phone off and on again, all that jazz. Any ideas?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! @natitonic  Thanks for posting your concerns.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had connectivity issues. . So we can get this resolved, Please send me a private message by Clicking Here and include the following information:

Your cellular or account number

Your full name

The best date and time to contact you

Thanks!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

The solution seems to be to do a factory reset on the phone. I powered the phone off, pressed the power button and "#" simultaneously, and selected yes to the subsequent questions. This reset the phone to its factory settings and the Internet connection is now working again.

Neither AT&T phone support or the service people at an AT&T phone store could figure this out. Not good.

Here is a Youtube video on how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyTVI9h7K_0&ab_channel=OxfordStreetTech

Please note this clears all your data, so you need to make sure you have backed up whatever you want to retain. The phone store yet again somehow erased my phone book off my SIM card 😞

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.